DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread - Page 110 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #1091
Sickdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullwoody View Post
Good morning folks.

I love the updates to DCS-BIOS! couple of bugs i think. The RWR Power button, is coded as a 2Pos Switch. However when you connect that to a push button, you of course get a 1 and then a 0 indicating button pressed and released. The response in the cockpit from both F18 and f16 is the RWR power goes on.. then immediately off.

DcsBios::Switch2Pos rwrPowerBtn("RWR_POWER_BTN", A5);
DcsBios::Switch2Pos rwrPwrBtn("RWR_PWR_BTN", A5);

It does seem to be limited specifically to just those buttons in the game, the other push buttons seem to work ok. I currently have 5 hooked up. Master Modes AA and AG, Master Caution Reset, LIST (UFC/VIPER) and Jettison (HORNET).

Look forward to the response.
Thanks, keep up the awesome work on this mod!

I just ran into same problem as I'm building my F-18 RWR control panel and decided to do a forum search for help. Have you (or anyone) found a solution to this? In the meantime what I have done to make it more usable is added ",true" after the pin number to reverse the input of the button, so in a sense it's always on and can't turn the RWR off. I figured that once you turn on the RWR who cares if you can't turn it back off! At least for the time being, would love for this to be addresses.

Wondering if it's something we can get into the LUA and play around with and maybe fix ourselves? I'm not terribly savvy with DCS-BIOS library customizations, but willing to learn.

--EDIT--

So I think I've found where this problem originated... I just noticed the "DISPLAY" button (immediately to the left of the "ON" button) behaves the way the "ON" button should be behaving. So the "DISPLAY" button latches in the pushed and held position where as the "ON" button behaves as a momentary pushed on button. These two need to be reversed. Anyone know how to do that? I'll start looking at the LUA and report back if I figure it out.

Last edited by Sickdog; 01-15-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Discovered issue with "DISPLAY" button, might be related...
Sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #1092
AMRAAM_Missiles

Might be a weird question, but what is the main difference between the OG DCS-BIOS (assume the account with the same name on Github is from the original creator) and the fork from DCSFlightPanels folks, which should be used these days?

I see them both are being updated very regularly, so i am not sure which one to use. Although the 0.10 from the DCS-BIOS account seems to be okay