MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #151
LCUChap2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Nope, it is not, it's for lower learning curves, and quicker to the action, and less about procedures and by the book.
Hope the new year is treating the team well. Looking forward to news on progress.
LCUChap2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #152
LCUChap2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunctator View Post
It will be interesting to see if MAC is open to third parties. I would think that it could be a very interesting platform for companies like Razbam, which have more 3D modelers than coders and a lot of very hot aircraft on their plate.
I would love to see that same open door policy to third-party developers be extended to MAC. Bet we could see some pretty interesting things.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #153
Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCUChap2016 View Post
I would love to see that same open door policy to third-party developers be extended to MAC. Bet we could see some pretty interesting things.

Will we see planes that can't be modelled in DCS World due to confidentiality of systems and performance data?
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:21 AM   #154
LCUChap2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Will we see planes that can't be modelled in DCS World due to confidentiality of systems and performance data?
I don't think that's beyond the realm of the possible.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #155
Svend_Dellepude

I think it will be simplified models of the full module planes that we already have.

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.
Svend_Dellepude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #156
malibu43

Nineline - Maybe this is info you cant share, but will fidelity be similar to FC3? Or even "lighter"?
malibu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #157
AyyUFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Nope, it is not, it's for lower learning curves, and quicker to the action, and less about procedures and by the book.
I see. That means that will be just a arcade mode polished to be at Ace combat level or so. Killed my expectations
AyyUFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #158
Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyUFO View Post
I see. That means that will be just a arcade mode polished to be at Ace combat level or so. Killed my expectations

I'm sure this will not be the case.
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #159
Avimimus

Well that is a fear right? Kindof like the 'simple avionics' for the Ka-50... the decision to have fewer button presses will also mean a major sacrifice of realism (and the modelling details/gameplay quality that goes with it) on the assumption that players who don't use clickable cockpits are people who wouldn't notice...

...that and fear of the abandonment of support for the FC3 aircraft...
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:53 AM   #160
ngreenaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyUFO View Post
i dont know, while i spend far more time playing DCS, ive found IL-2 is a lot more fun. DCS is more satisfying in terms of mastering a skill. the IL2 planes are FC3 level low-fi and i find it a more fitting comparison in that there is some degree of historic fidelity. ace combat series (i remember playing it on the original playstation) makes no attempts at realism beyond the appearance of the aircraft...much like the Area88 comics from the 80s? 90s?
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote