Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 168 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #1671
SwedishWaffle

Please for the love of god change this

Last edited by SwedishWaffle; 01-12-2020 at 07:29 PM.
SwedishWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:49 PM   #1672
Alpenwolf

Server News:

All missions now run without any weapons' restrictions, except for the nuke bombs.

Enjoy!

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #1673
Skyracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
Server News:

All missions now run without any weapons' restrictions, except for the nuke bombs.

Enjoy!
YES!
MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView
Skyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #1674
countvonaltibar

Like the helicopter operations, I appreciate the effort to incorporate them into missions. Did a little bit of AA crate placement the other evening using the Mi-8, I thought it was a nice feature to have as part of a mission much appreciated as I know it doesn't appeal to the majority of users on this server.
countvonaltibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #1675
SgtPappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishWaffle View Post
yeah so why do the reds get R-60Ms but we don't get Rb74s or AIM-9P5s?
In the restricted missions, the MiG-21's should only be getting R-60's. Not R-60M's. Both are all aspect but the M's are much better. The response to this is shown below:

Quote:
The weapons' restriction thing is mainly to change the routine and get players to use all kinds of weapons. Here you get to work on different strategies while using less sophisticated weapons. Comparing the R-60M with the R-60 shows how players are less likely to score the same amount of kills, which proves that the restriction applies. Same thing with the AIM-9P5 and the RB-74, etc. Comparing those with their predecessors shows the exact same results. I believe many make the mistake of comparing different weapons of different manufacturers with their various variants.
All planes, all cars, all vehicles, machines, electric devices, etc. have advantages and disadvantages over their counterparts. We can't just start trimming them down to get "balance" and please everyone, or so I believe.
Now if the reds are actually getting R-60M's and the blues are not getting AIM-9P5's, then that's a whole different story.
SgtPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #1676
Alpenwolf

How in God's name did this rumour of the server including R-60M's while the restrictions are on even started? When have I ever done that?

When the restrictions are ON, R-60M's are OUT! And it ALWAYS has been like that. No replies needed, please.
Maybe it was a mere confusion on some players side after all. Happens...

S!

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Old 01-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #1677
SwedishWaffle

Quote:
How in God's name did this rumour of the server including R-60M's while the restrictions are on even started? When have I ever done that?

When the restrictions are ON, R-60M's are OUT! And it ALWAYS has been like that. No replies needed, please.

S!
I played a game on Phone Booth where blue had access to AIM-9Ms but no P-5s or Rb74s, and the reds had access to R-60Ms. It's not a rumour, it's what happened.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
SwedishWaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #1678
Skyracer

Quote:

S!
On the mission "Chaos" still runs with weapon restrictions.
MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView
Skyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 PM   #1679
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
On the mission "Chaos" still runs with weapon restrictions.
The numbers of weapons there are limited. I'll add more to the arsenals.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
Old 01-19-2020, 06:23 AM   #1680
Brown Floyd

Any chance that we can get Su-25As added to all the missions that already have Su-25Ts? Open Range, for example.
Brown Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote