Lighting issues after update in VR

Madeyes

Hi guys.

Since the 2.5.6 update I've had terrible lighting issues with DCS in VR.

Cockpit flood lights & some external Taxi or search lights only show in one eye of my Index.

It's annoying at best & gives me a headache at worst & looks terrible.

Is this a genuine issue with DCS now or is it a new setting issue that I don't know about?

Thanks for any help.

I have the same problem with clouds, decorative elements and planes ...

Not to mention the drop in performance ...

INTEL Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED DDR4 - 3200 Mhz 4x8go - Be Quiet ! 850W - Hotas Warthog - Fox Spirit PGM 340 - Oculus rift S

Have you tried changing the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser value in graphics.lua (under your DCS installation folder\config)?

I changed it to false to resolve the lighting in one eye issue

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Have you tried changing the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser value in graphics.lua (under your DCS installation folder\config)?

I changed it to false to resolve the lighting in one eye issue

I tried that but it doesn't seem work.

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

I find the weapons jettison station and wheels/flaps indicator lighting very dim since 2.5.6 especially using VR.

Anyone know the .lua file responsible for this lighting?

+1...thought it was on my end.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Before the patch I was able to tweak the internal settings to fix the night lighting cliping issues. Now, after the patch, I see the light in one eye with a lot of clipping. The other eye is not showing the night lights and is clipping. Looking forward to a fix on this. I really think this last patch actually really improved the VR, especially on the zoom level to view the MFD's. For the record, I am using a PIMAX 8K. Besides the night light issues, everything is cherry.

Just like to be the first to say good job to the ED team on correcting the lighting issue after today's patch. I took the F-18 up for a pre dawn harpoon run in the Gulf and landed at sunrise. Looked stunning and the lighting was back to spot on without me having to change any internal or external sim settings.

Only one difference I noticed is, the patch before this seemed to improve the zoom in VR tremendously, at least for my PIMAX 8K. It was nice because I did not feel cross eyed anymore after zooming in. It seems like the zoom went back to its original settings after today's patch. It is not crossed eyed but still appears close together. Not enough eye relief. If you could get the zoom back to how it was performing on the last patch and keep the lighting the way it is now, we will be cherry.

Thank you for the consistent hard work to support your customer and busting the patch out in lighting speed.

• 7 months later...