[USER ERROR]No VVSL In Today's UPDATE

Chopper A-10

As WAGS demonstrated in his latest video I assumed that the VVSL button on the FLIR would have been operational in today's update.

Edited by Chopper A-10
UPDATE

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

It took multiple attempts with the GBU-12 and then the button appeared . . .working now for me also.

Thanks guys for confirming. My error.

Edited by Chopper A-10

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

I dont know why this is assigned as "user error", but there are definetely something wrong or bugged in slawing TGP to WPT at this moment... Its just not working properly.

Even when its working, it slave a point that is miles away from WPT.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

• ED Team
I dont know why this is assigned as "user error", but there are definetely something wrong or bugged in slawing TGP to WPT at this moment... Its just not working properly.

Even when its working, it slave a point that is miles away from WPT.

Hi, seems to be working fine for me.

Please attach a track showing it happen, we will be happy to check it.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For waypoint slaving , make sure the waypoints have altitude set to the ground and not thousands of feet in the air.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

For waypoint slaving , make sure the waypoints have altitude set to the ground and not thousands of feet in the air.

?

Hmm, thats something new, but ED never mentioned it. By the way this may be the problem, because when I slave it to WPT I see diamont somewhere on the air. But it will be sad, If we need all time to set WPT ALT to 0.

We had the same issue with LGBs a long time ago...

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

• ED Team
?

Hmm, thats something new, but ED never mentioned it. By the way this may be the problem, because when I slave it to WPT I see diamont somewhere on the air. But it will be sad, If we need all time to set WPT ALT to 0.

We had the same issue with LGBs a long time ago...

Waypoints have always been this way,

If you want to set them as ground targets in the editor you will need to have the waypoint set at the correct altitude.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is it with certain weapons that one can designate and slew the pod with the vvsl introduced?

I was unable to designate and slew the cursor in the flir screen with vvsl boxed.

When unboxed, I could designate and slew.

Perhaps I have to relearn the whole tgp again.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Is it with certain weapons that one can designate and slew the pod with the vvsl introduced?

I was unable to designate and slew the cursor in the flir screen with vvsl boxed.

When unboxed, I could designate and slew.

Perhaps I have to relearn the whole tgp again.

You can't slew the FLIR in VVSLV, but you can depress TDC to create a designation where it's pointing, and then slew from there (VVSLV will be exited when you depress TDC).

You can't slew the FLIR in VVSLV, but you can depress TDC to create a designation where it's pointing, and then slew from there (VVSLV will be exited when you depress TDC).

I was unable to designate with vvls box so I could slew in my case.

Got to look at it some more.

Thanks for the response.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 1 month later...
I need to press NWS when I want to unslev a WPT, before to slave a new WPT? Do I?

Yes, you have to press either Undesignate (pinky) switch on your HOTAS, or press boxed TGT OSB on the HSI (upper right), both undesignates any waypoint designation, and you can select and "WPDSG" another waypoint.