2.5.6 some graphics not rendered in L eye

Gryzor

OMG! I thought my brain and eyes was broken, just noticed how some shadows are missing in right eye render. Looking at objects on ground look really messed up now. Can´t get real depth percetion when some shadows are missing.

Using a reinstalled Windows 10, and New clean install of DCS, NVidia Drivers and so on. 

Is it DCS that is broken? 

Reverb G2

I tried the autoexe.cfg trick and now clouds magically appear and disappear on both eyes. At least it is not as straining as before. Am I correct that this bug is known since June of last year now? I really start to wonder what kind of dev crew I have bought into (quite new to DCS).... 

Got back into dcs note that I got my Reverb G2 and new GPU. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so bad shimmering. Realized that some trees aren't rendering in one as well as some shadows. Really making it hard to fly. 

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

It could be possible to have some words from DEVs? I think that having this bug since 2.5.6 appears (with 2.5.5 was nonexistant), one year ago,... is not acceptable. Maybe it will be solved for 2.7? I hope ED don´t forget that the most entusiastic customers are in VR, in this sim. 

• Thanks 1

Do the Devs even care?

I get the impression the game engine is Eagle Dynamics red headed step child.

They neglect it because they don't make any money off the engine and once you buy into a module you the consumer is kinda committed and ED already has your money.

Look at the new cloud system ... they spend a butt load of resources on a cloud system most players won't be able to enjoy (Specially in VR) when they could have just dumped those resources into their game engine ...

Maybe in 2.7 they can make it so that the game can utilize more than one CPU core ..... I know I'm asking for a lot .... I mean it's not like multi-core processors have been out for more than 15 years. 😃 LOL

Again even Aces High III does VR better and it's a F2P & Subscription based MMO WWII combat flight sim made by an Indy Developer (HiTech Creations) being run by One Guy (Dale "HiTech" Addink) in his home in Texas.

• ED Team
20 hours ago, Major_Mayhem said:

Do the Devs even care?

I get the impression the game engine is Eagle Dynamics red headed step child.

They neglect it because they don't make any money off the engine and once you buy into a module you the consumer is kinda committed and ED already has your money.

Look at the new cloud system ... they spend a butt load of resources on a cloud system most players won't be able to enjoy (Specially in VR) when they could have just dumped those resources into their game engine ...

Maybe in 2.7 they can make it so that the game can utilize more than one CPU core ..... I know I'm asking for a lot .... I mean it's not like multi-core processors have been out for more than 15 years. 😃 LOL

Again even Aces High III does VR better and it's a F2P & Subscription based MMO WWII combat flight sim made by an Indy Developer (HiTech Creations) being run by One Guy (Dale "HiTech" Addink) in his home in Texas.

I have reported issues with VR and one eye issues. 

I have left the thread as investigating as there has been various issue reported and not just one. 

It is important to ensure you are not using options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false in your auto exec if you are, its not a bug, its a side effect of a w.i.p feature. 

I am going to close this thread, it is not helpful when reports are made with no context or data. If you have a report to make please do it with a track replay showing the issue and your dcs log so we can test the same circumstance. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to 2.5.6 some graphics not rendered in L eye
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic