[REPORTED]Rain drops in vr not visible like non vr

_schepper_

I can see raindrops aswell. Of course I enabled them.

But there are, so to say two kinds of raindrops: Those floating over the canopy and the ones that fall on it, stay, and disappear after a few seconds. In VR only the last mentioned are visible.

Those moving over the glass are not visible for me, not really. In fact I found out, that on my Reverb some sort of fragments of these drops are visible only for the left eye, and they´re not moving at all. For the right eye there are just not there. As someone mentioned here these raindrops could be in some kind of two different layers.

Anyway.. complared to 2D the VR drops are broken, just as I saw them when they were implemented in 2018.

Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

It's the same as mentioned before in this thread. Rain drops are visible, BUT the new rain drop effects are not. The kind that follows the contours of the canopy are not visible in VR. It does seem to be 2 layers to this. The small drops which has always been there. Then, the 2nd layer which has the new effects which is not visible.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Bignewy - there is a difference in rain drops rendering between 2D and VR : in 2D you have the little "static" ones that drop on canopy and don't move, AND the bigger "dynamic" ones that moves on canopy in relation with gravity and aircraft's speed.

In VR there is only the little "static" ones.

(see pictures from same track 2D and VR replay : 1st 2D 0 speed, 2nd 2D with some speed, 3rd VR 0 speed - with speed increasing little drops just disappear but don't move).

rain1.thumb.jpg.2cfb60408167473e88369a3c2e8b45dc.jpg rain2.thumb.jpg.3a12a42a68e3b3367de892f396a570af.jpg rainVR.thumb.jpg.e32f9b7ba7577315a58ead534feda599.jpg

Exactly the same here as toutenglisse describes for me with a Pimax 5K XR too.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I have reported different rain effects for vr and 2d users, thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Still getting the same problem nearly two years later. Would love to see why us VR users haven't had this added?

Rain is visible in VR, just not quite in the same way, it is heavier in 2d.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Rain is visible in VR, just not quite in the same way, it is heavier in 2d.

Thanks for the quick reply! I know we have rain drops in VR, but I was referring to the dynamic rain drops, rather than the static ones I'm only getting in VR.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, this is still an issue. No dynamic rain drop effects in VR. As stated throughout this thread, you can easily notice the difference between 2D and VR. The bigger dynamic rain drops, that move with the wind and the contours of the canopy, does not appear in VR as they do in 2D.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I've just checked: the bug report still exists and was bumped a few months ago.

I think we need a video montage showing the same scene in pancake and in VR, side by side. It might help. I'm not equiped for VR but I can do the track, the pancake clip, and the final montage. I'll post a very simple track tonight so a VR user can provide the VR clip.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Flappie said:

Here's the track. I recorded the pancake clip. Can someone please record the VR clip? Please don't move the pilot's head while recording.

F-16 parking hot with rain.trk 26.37 kB · 1 download

Here's the VR track you requested.

VR-F-16 parking hot with rain.trk

Thanks for trying, but it really should not have to take all this effort. This can easily be tested and anyone with VR can clearly see the difference as soon as you un-pause the game. Not to mention there's plenty of evidence in the thread already. Yes there's rain in VR, but the dynamic rain drops that roll on the canopy does not show in VR, but it does in 2D. TBH, this issue is not even that crucial, which is probably why no one from ED has taken anytime to look at it. So, thanks again for checking on the status @Flappie.

• 1 month later...

*RANT ALERT!* Drives me nuts... I have tried this mod, another mod, no mod, with shaders, without shaders, VR, pancake... In all possible combinations... I only saw Drops once, and they were tiny and only in the Tomcat. Can someone do some DCS voodoo and explain how this is supposed to work??? (Desired end state: to see drops of ANY kind on EVERY plane...). Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...