Has something in mission startup changed?

twells555

Hi,

First, what a great update today! Looks fantastic in the write-up. Thank you. I have not upgraded yet so this question applies to the last 2.5.6 beta update.

I am not much of a mission writer...I refer to other peoples missions I have been running for a while without this issue until now...for example Banklers Case 1 Recovery and some of RedKites missions. So your probably wondering to what I refer by now, aren't you?

I have always been started in the missions either in the cockpit for a single player mission with "player" selected as the skill level...or at the "select client" table for missions with the "client" skill level selected in the mission editor...and I choose the client and things start...even in single player.

But now...not all...but definately the missions I mentioned and more...when I start I'm 'floating' outside an aircraft from the mission....with no way to get into the cockpit of anything. It's kind of like the spectators view in multiplayer I think...not much of a multiplayer flyer these days...only I am definately not in multiplayer... I remember something like that from when I did a lot of multiplayer...

So is there a new setting or something I need to check in the missions now to start things up?

I've looked around but am kind of baffled...especially since its not all missions and doesn't seem to matter if its new missions I just downloaded or those I've been flying for years...Its constant as far as the missions that do it always do it....but its not all missions either...and changing player to client etc...in the mission editor does not seem to make any difference...

Thank to all! I'm baffled with this one...

tim

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

By chance are you alt-tab and messing around with another monitor while DCS loads to the mission? If so, let DCS fully load before messing with other monitors. If no, then I'm out of ideas.

I personally had this issue twice with 2.5.6, and so did another squad mate. I was in VR, but messing with others programs while DCS loaded in the background. He was on desktop when he experienced it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hi Panther, Thanks for the reply. Not doing anything outside the sim when missions are loaded and I have the cursor locked into the dcsworld window (VR) when so its not accidently wandering or anything like that...actually, with all the weirdness and flashing in the headset when missions are loaded and steam does its thing (HP Reverb..), I usually just close my eyes until sanity is restored!

Also my box is dedicated to just flying DCSWorld so there is nothing else running in the background except voice command and the jet seat service...except of course the 700 gazillion windoze auto loading services...LOL...but they've always been there.... Thank again for the thought and suggestion.

Fargo

Hi Sedlo, I checked out the thread you posted...thank you. I had found that thread for Banklers excellent mission before I posted this one and that got me from where that mission would crash n' burn on load, to where it will load, I can see my FA-18 approaching the carrier, but I am outside it watching as if I had pressed one of the external view F-Keys...but have no way to get into the cockpit...the same phenom I see on a lot...but not all...my other missions. It's weird. Other missions I just start up in the cockpit or at the client selection screen as always...And as murphy predicted long ago, its the ones I really like that won't work....Ugh!!

Also, Banklers mission is a favorite so I tried making a copy of it and messing with the client/player stuff to turn it into just a single player with one Jet etc....just to see and simplify things...but still, I'm just an observer watching the jet fly straight over the carrier and off into the sunset...probably until it runs out of fuel...

Since the original post I have updated to the latest beta and still the same mission load issue...

Fargo

[..]...actually, with all the weirdness and flashing in the headset when missions are loaded and steam does its thing (HP Reverb..), I usually just close my eyes until sanity is restored!

Same, I have yet to figure out what causes that, seizure warning....

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP