Where to get mainboards of TMWH not from TM - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-04-2019, 04:23 AM   #1
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Default Where to get mainboards of TMWH not from TM

I've emailed TM and their prices are huge. So I would like to get in touch with their supplier directly and have them send me the board at a much reduced rate. Pointers? Throttle main PCB (the top right below the double decker)

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:41 AM   #2
Ranma13

Why do you believe that their supplier would do business with you and be willing to sell a single board to you at a much reduced rate?
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

Board number 2?

Cover postage and it's yours.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191104_164847.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	220565  
Flamin_Squirrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
Svsmokey

If that is not the board you need (can't beat the price) you might try this guy .
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...thog_throttle/

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
Board number 2?

Cover postage and it's yours.

Actually I dont know its dead just lights up briefly then windows cant recognise it. I tried bootloader method but it cant read at all. I am not sure if its #1 or #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
If that is not the board you need (can't beat the price) you might try this guy .
https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...thog_throttle/

I dont know but yes I am familiar with this guy and we talked before. I am just evaluating my options with the minimal costs to get it working again.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
Supmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillKelsoe View Post
Actually I dont know its dead just lights up briefly then windows cant recognise it. I tried bootloader method but it cant read at all. I am not sure if its #1 or #2.

I dont know but yes I am familiar with this guy and we talked before. I am just evaluating my options with the minimal costs to get it working again.

I had this problem 3-4 mo ago, if LED doesn’t stay on it’s board number one. Fairly easy to replace.
Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing F/A-18
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supmua View Post
I had this problem 3-4 mo ago, if LED doesn’t stay on it’s board number one. Fairly easy to replace.

So your windows can not recognize the device?

Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
komemiute

Happened to me too!
Was board number one.

I contacted TM and got one shipped to me for less than 60€.

Just FYI...
komemiute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #9
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by komemiute View Post
Happened to me too!
Was board number one.

I contacted TM and got one shipped to me for less than 60€.

Just FYI...
How much is the board itself excluding shipping have they charged you and when was it that you got it replaced?

Old 11-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma13 View Post
Why do you believe that their supplier would do business with you and be willing to sell a single board to you at a much reduced rate?
They dont have to deal with me, but with a LOT of angry customers who dont want to benefit thrustmaster the courtesy of routing a surplus through them for.a no good defective board that demands change every now and then.

If the chinese supplier can deal with singletons that would mean he would sell more boards and I want to get at least two boards since I am in the third world country which happens to be away from the manufacturer and not covered by the inherently flawed thrustmaster warranty which does NOT cover the place of use but the place of purchase, in this case, BHPhotovideo.

Does that answer your question?