HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

For anyone in Australia, The HP Australia website is now finally discussing the Reverb although it's currently out of stock on the website. Hopefully will not be too long. It's listed as $999 presumably for the consumer version as the term Pro is not used.

Interestingly, they state the following: "1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Day On-Site, with Hardware Support & Phone-in Assistance)" Well above any 90 day statutory warranty.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

For anyone in Australia, The HP Australia website is now finally discussing the Reverb although it's currently out of stock on the website. Hopefully will not be too long. It's listed as $999 presumably for the consumer version as the term Pro is not used.

Interestingly, they state the following: "1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Day On-Site, with Hardware Support & Phone-in Assistance)" Well above any 90 day statutory warranty.

Australia law is 2 years

For anyone in Australia, The HP Australia website is now finally discussing the Reverb although it's currently out of stock on the website. Hopefully will not be too long.

Hp reverb is listed out of stock since 10 june in french store ; dosn't mean nothing i guess :D

In Canada the Reverb is listed as "in stock" now on the HP Canada website. It says 1 to 2 weeks for delivery, so we'll see how long it takes, as I ordered mine yesterday.

Hopefully it is the "new gen", if it isn't, and I have any trouble with the cord/etc, it's going right back for a refund.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I keep checking the USA site and, so far, no dice. I don't trust ordering it from anyone else. Kinda weird that the CA site would say in-stock and ship in one to two weeks. Maybe their production isn't readily available yet. What a botched launch.

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I keep checking the USA site and, so far, no dice. I don't trust ordering it from anyone else. Kinda weird that the CA site would say in-stock and ship in one to two weeks. Maybe their production isn't readily available yet. What a botched launch.
Same here I won't order from anywhere else and honestly I want to make sure I end up getting a refreshed model. HP hasn't even publicly communicated about a refreshed model to anyone except those that had the first batch who have been in contact with support.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I'm fairly confident that when the next batch comes out at HP it will be the refreshed model. With such a tumultuous launch, its wise if they take their time to fix it and release only when they have a decent number of new units to ship. If they reissue v1, they would only be making it worse.

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Hp reverb is listed out of stock since 10 june in french store ; dosn't mean nothing i guess :D

And you guys are closer to the plant than we are Downunder. :music_whistling:

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

When it does become available once again, how do we know if we will be ordering the updated version. I hope there is a way to determine that.

I'm reasonably convinced its already whats out. I don't think there were many complaints from the last batch that came out in the last few weeks.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just talked to an HP Chat rep, and while they couldn't say specifically when the Reverb would restock, they did say they're confident it will be units without the issues experienced initially. They said those issues have been corrected or fixed. So, guess it is a matter of waiting for HP to restock. BLTShop had a tentative ETA set for their next restock as yesterday. Shows overdue now. I've been hoping HP would restock on or about the same date. HP rep said to keep checking the HP site daily for new stock.

I asked the HP Omen support guy for the Reverb what the latest status is on the Gen 2's last night by email but he is off on Friday's. Hopefully, I see a response on Monday. I suspect they will be testing the heck out of them to avoid a repeat of the Gen 1's. The last time I spoke to him on the phone (maybe a week and a half ago) he said they were close so hopefully that means they have been testing them. I suspect the release will be based on some big wig's approval and not any given date.

The last time I spoke to him they seemed well aware of the issues outside of the cable/connector including flickering after heating up, etc..

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I asked the HP Omen support guy for the Reverb what the latest status is on the Gen 2's last night by email but he is off on Friday's. Hopefully, I see a response on Monday. I suspect they will be testing the heck out of them to avoid a repeat of the Gen 1's. The last time I spoke to him on the phone (maybe a week and a half ago) he said they were close so hopefully that means they have been testing them. I suspect the release will be based on some big wig's approval and not any given date.

The last time I spoke to him they seemed well aware of the issues outside of the cable/connector including flickering after heating up, etc..

The reverb sell on shopblt with the connector clip for the cable is the Gen 2's ?

The clips were being shipped for the Gen 1's. The Shopblt orders delayed until later in August could be Gen 2's. Curious to see if they make those dates (8/19 and 8/23).

The reverb sell on shopblt with the connector clip for the cable is the Gen 2's ?

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Hmmmmmm. What to do? I had to fill in at work last weekend so my new HP has yet to be test run, though I did open the package. There was no clip, and I'm sure it's Gen 1. I was going to test it out tomorrow.

BUT, I'm tempted to box it back up and ship it back! Even if it seems ok, How could I ever trust a gen 1?

I guess I could compare it to my 5K+ to see if it's even worth having a Reverb, but I'm pretty pissed at HP for shipping more Gen 1's out. I barely have the will to go through the setup, and dicking with it knowing it will soon be returned as I now only have 10 return days left.......

It's my fault for not cancelling my Amazon order, but I was sure HP would not ship out more unfixed HMD's

Edited by Wmacky

When did you buy yours? I keep wondering if BLTShop is getting v2 or more v1...this is a shot in the dark and it sucks. You shouldn't have to play Russian Roulette with these hmd's.

Reverb Type C connection is up and running.

With this card I can get the advantage of higher speed 3.1 and using the C port, a further 600ma of current supplied to reverb via a dedicated SATA cable straight from my PSU; over using the conventional port:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073NZZ6TG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using this USB Type A to type C adapter, saving wear and tear on the reverb cable and seems to be a better fit both in the c port on the card and to the reverb cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MYPX7Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And using this driver:

ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller -1.10 (Microsoft).

Should all help stability, although had few problems recently.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Were you having flickering at one time?

Reverb Type C connection is up and running.

With this card I can get the advantage of higher speed 3.1 and using the C port, a further 600ma of current supplied to reverb via a dedicated SATA cable straight from my PSU; over using the conventional port:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073NZZ6TG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using this USB Type A to type C adapter, saving wear and tear on the reverb cable and seems to be a better fit both in the c port on the card and to the reverb cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MYPX7Y8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And using this driver:

ASMedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller -1.10 (Microsoft).

Should all help stability, although had few problems recently.

I've had my Reverb form Shopblt for about 2 weeks this is my first VR headset. When I first installed I remember seeing a model number of VR1000.2 so I’m thinking it’s the new model and I have not had one problem with it no heat, flickering or blacking out. My biggest problem was figuring out how to use WMR.

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to triple monitors. With my system with everything set pretty much to High I’m getting 48 to 50 FPS flying about 250 feet thru Dubai with the F-18, MASS at 2 and SSAA at 2 and all I can say is WOW. As of now I’m a happy camper.

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I've had my Reverb form Shopblt for about 2 weeks this is my first VR headset. When I first installed I remember seeing a model number of V1000.2 so I’m thinking it’s the new model and I have not had one problem with it no heat, flickering or blacking out. My biggest problem was figuring out how to use WMR.

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to triple monitors. With my system with everything set pretty much to High I’m getting 48 to 50 FPS flying about 250 feet thru Dubai with the F-18, MASS at 2 and SSAA at 2 and all I can say is WOW. As of now I’m a happy camper.

Did it have the clip with it for the connector?? I'm so ready to pull the trigger on this one.

Were you having flickering at one time?

No but I was having some tracking issues at odd times during a mission, and the odd group of black screens in the left eye, maybe four or five of them in a second as if reprojection was dropping frames. Quite rare though.

I originally bought the card when I was building my new rig with a view to using the C type connector for its higher power transfer and to relieve pressure from my motherboard USB ports; but had problems with finding a driver that WMR likes.

Just flown a one hour mission, the connection is rock solid and I have had no black screens.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I've had my Reverb form Shopblt for about 2 weeks this is my first VR headset. When I first installed I remember seeing a model number of V1000.2 so I’m thinking it’s the new model and I have not had one problem with it no heat, flickering or blacking out. My biggest problem was figuring out how to use WMR.

Pretty much my experience too thus far with the ShopBlt headset I got though mine is the model V1000 but did come with the clip. Though something must have changed on my system in the last few days as DCS is crashing way more. Not sure if its related to the reverb though which ive had running for 2 weeks and had no issues for the first week. My initial guess is steam got updated and now voice attack wants to start in VR studio mode for some reason, so it may be related to that.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The model number inside the headset is VR1000. I saw the model number VR1000.2 the I first time installed WMR.

Yes it had the Clip shipped with it. As I said my Reverb has been flawless so far. I hope everyone has the same experience.

I'm going to due a reformat of C: drive and a new installation of Windows 10 next week and I'll try to see where the model number shows up. I due this about once a year has nothing to due the Reverb or DCS.

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal