VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

That is the right place... Do you own the Nevada NTTR map?

Ohh so that is the reason for sure! Indeed i do not own this map, i have the Persian Gulf map and Caucasus map.

Thank you so much for your work on this campaign and your help Sedlo. Thank you SGT Coyle for your advice but without the map it may be the reason why it doesnt show up.

My apologies, i did not know that this campaign was on the Nevada map. I may purchase it in the future and then it will work.

• 4 weeks later...
No worries.

Was replaying it and noticed a lot of burning wrecks where there shouldn't be.

Look forward to a sequel for Harrier.

I just started this campaign again today. I had the same problem. I tried taking off as fast as possible, and heading directly to WP 2. If you get there fast enough you don’t get the message to RTB. Not ideal but a work around till he gets back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Petecassar!

Thank you, I really glad you are enjoying the campaign. It was my first major effort in mission building, and I'm also really happy with the way it turned out.

Regarding pay, thank you for the offer, but it is not something that's required in any event. I learned a lot making this campaign, and am using the tools learned to make bigger and better ones.

However, if you do wish to make a donation towards the cause, you can PM me here on the DCS forum.

Thanks again!

SEDLO

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you for a great campaign, really enjoyed it!

My only observation, certainly not a criticism, is that some missions were a bit sparse - the mission with the crashed aircraft springs to mind, where you have to destroy a solitary truck (admittedly I missed with all four bombs and ended up taking it out with the gun!)

Edited by jalfrezi

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

Glad you enjoyed the mission!

With this mission I was trying to make it a little more lifelike, which sometimes can be a bit boring.

But you are correct, it is a little bit simple on that mission. I’m curious, did you get a pop up enemy hello spawn in on that mission? I’m wondering is something hasn’t triggered it.

Just wanted to say thank you for a great campaign, really enjoyed it!

My only observation, certainly not a criticism, is that some missions were a bit sparse - the mission with the crashed aircraft springs to mind, where you have to destroy a solitary truck (admittedly I missed with all four bombs and ended up taking it out with the gun!)

Glad you enjoyed the mission!

With this mission I was trying to make it a little more lifelike, which sometimes can be a bit boring.

But you are correct, it is a little bit simple on that mission. I’m curious, did you get a pop up enemy hello spawn in on that mission? I’m wondering is something hasn’t triggered it.

Nope, no helo on that mission just the truck, a helo would have made it more interesting. especially if it was a race against time to take it out!

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

• 3 weeks later...

On 2.5.6 OB I'm getting MIST script crashes during radio comms. Pressing the confirmation button on the pop-ups allows the mission to continue (I've only flown the first mission).

Also, my PTT assignments for radio 1 and 2 are somehow blocked. The only thing that works is directly pressing "".

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hey Captain!

Currently the campaign is broken with the changes to 2.5.6. I am waiting to see what ED is going keep the changes they've made to the scripting, or if they're going to continue as is before I dig in and make the changes to each mission. It's many hours of work to fix, and I don't want to have to "refix" it if the scripting is going to change in a few days.

Sorry about that, stay tuned, hopefully by next weekend I'll have an answer and a fix.

Hey Sedlo, thanks for the prompt reply.

I was kind of hoping it was MIST script issue, and that by inserting a newer MIST script it would solve itself, but after some thought, I've got MIST is a few missions where I don't have an issue, so... guess I'll wait.

T(h)anks anyway :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, sorry about what's going on, I hope that next Open Beta I can see what direction things are going and make adjustments accordingly. Standby :-)

Hey Sedlo, thanks for the prompt reply.

I was kind of hoping it was MIST script issue, and that by inserting a newer MIST script it would solve itself, but after some thought, I've got MIST is a few missions where I don't have an issue, so... guess I'll wait.

T(h)anks anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, sorry about what's going on, I hope that next Open Beta I can see what direction things are going and make adjustments accordingly. Standby :-)

That's too bad the update broke the campaign! I was looking forward to trying this one. I hope ED finds a fix, or, if not, I hope you're able to fix it. I really liked your Eastern Friendship campaign for the Hornet! You do such great work!

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

I’m glad you liked my other work! Good news is that tomorrow there should be a new release on open beta, so it might be fixed!

I just tried this campaign again after the update to open beta released this week, and it appears that at least the first mission is not fixed. The outpost gets destroyed while I am still taxiing to the runway, and I had a mission script error about two minutes after takeoff with an error message about a laser code 1688. Seems like the campaign may need some major work to function in 2.5.6.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims