HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Has anyone seen it for sale in Canada yet?

Negative, I’ve been looking everywhere. I think I may return my Rift S in favour of this one, if I can find it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Negative, I’ve been looking everywhere. I think I may return my Rift S in favour of this one, if I can find it.

I may do the same, or keep both, as I really like the Rift S, regardless of how much better the Reverb may be. We'll see when Amazon Canada or the HP Canada store gets stock. HP Canada has the Pro listed for $844 but out of stock. I have until June 24 to return my Rift S to the Microsoft Canada store, so we'll see.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I may do the same, or keep both, as I really like the Rift S, regardless of how much better the Reverb may be. We'll see when Amazon Canada or the HP Canada store gets stock. HP Canada has the Pro listed for $844 but out of stock. I have until June 24 to return my Rift S to the Microsoft Canada store, so we'll see.

Yeah, I have until the 22nd. I just hooked up my old CV1 again tonight and did a comparison, and while clearer I’m not sure the S is enough of an improvement to justify the cost. If the reverb didn’t exist I’d keep it, but now... decisions, decisions.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Looking very promising. Just need to wait until Amazon has it in stock as I don't want to buy from hp in case I need to return it for whatever reason. I'm glad mrtv said it was fine with a 1080ti too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yeehaa.

I got shipping confirmation and invoice. It's going to a local pick up point, so I will pick it up after work.

I doubt I will have time to set it up before the weekend, so for now the plan for tonight is to:

1. Download steam VR.

2. Put CV1, Xbox 1 controller, Touch controllers back in their respective boxes and put away.

3. Gaze lovingly at the Reverb box while carrying out the first two.

Optional. Since I have to be up and about at stupid o'clock every morning, I may decide that sleep is not mandatory and set up the Reverb.

Shame about the VR optimisation breaking and having to use a secondary app in the background to run DCS in WMR, but it's good to see they are working on it.

Question: where do I get the app that allows WMR users to access Oculus home and any apps bought from there?

EDIT: here is how to access Oculus Home in WMR..

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-play-oculus-rift-games-windows-mixed-reality

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Yeehaa.

I got shipping confirmation and invoice. It's going to a local pick up point, so I will pick it up after work.

I doubt I will have time to set it up before the weekend, so for now the plan for tonight is to:

1. Download steam VR.

2. Put CV1, Xbox 1 controller, Touch controllers back in their respective boxes and put away.

3. Gaze lovingly at the Reverb box while carrying out the first two.

Optional. Since I have to be up and about at stupid o'clock every morning, I may decide that sleep is not mandatory and set up the Reverb.

Shame about the VR optimisation breaking and having to use a secondary app in the background to run DCS in WMR, but it's good to see they are working on it.

You will also need this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

Thanks Backspace. :)

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I cannot wait for the shipping notice from ShopBLT! I too am in the June 12th shipping crowd (I own you @naruto!)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Where are you guys buying these from - I thought they weren't released yet??

You certainly can't buy them from the HP website.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP UK in my case.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yeah, Sold out on HP's website. But shopblt.com has incoming stock (200+) that you can pre-order. My stock is part of the June 12th delivery, so I should have mine on the 13th/14th. Yeah, I ponied up for the overnight delivery because I don't want have it slip on ground delivery and can't play with it until the weekend of June 22nd.

PS: It is the Pro version. The ones that shopblt are selling.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah, Sold out on HP's website. But shopblt.com has incoming stock (200+) that you can pre-order. My stock is part of the June 12th delivery, so I should have mine on the 13th/14th. Yeah, I ponied up for the overnight delivery because I don't want have it slip on ground delivery and can't play with it until the weekend of June 22nd.

Cheers...yeah, NZ$211 just for shipping. Might wait a bit lol :huh:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any links for European stores/deliveries? :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cheers...yeah, NZ$211 just for shipping. Might wait a bit lol :huh:

Yeah and we'd likely get pinged for GST to get it in the country. One good thing about the RiftS version is that it includes shipping and taxes. I'm still on the fence though.

Well I guess I am going to have to add a Reverb soon to my VR devices.

I would not mind having it for my flight sims.

I will keep my Rift S for my Oculus Touch games I enjoy also.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well I guess I am going to have to add a Reverb soon to my VR devices.

I would not mind having it for my flight sims.

I will keep my Rift S for my Oculus Touch games I enjoy also.

Yeah, I'm trying to justify the purchase with the same argument :lol:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

German pilots: Look to HP online store Germany, don´t search for Reverb, but 2CZ77EA or VR1000-200nn. This should/must be the Reverb (Pro? see specs). I just ordered it for 499 €, this may be a price error, we will see if they will ship a Pro for that price. ETA 21st this month.

I got the 12th email as well but I'm counting on the fact that the only warehouse scheduled for the 12th is in Tenn. Tenn. isn't far from PA so it should be a short travel time :D

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

German pilots: Look to HP online store Germany, don´t search for Reverb, but 2CZ77EA or VR1000-200nn. This should/must be the Reverb (Pro? see specs). I just ordered it for 499 €, this may be a price error, we will see if they will ship a Pro for that price. ETA 21st this month.

This one?

3hqTJTC.jpg

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

FLASHFLASHFLASH

[str]VR1000-200nn is NOT the Reverb[/str]

FLASHFLASHFLASH

EDIT:

Although, weirdly, this one is:

https://store.hp.com/ItalyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2CZ77EA&opt=ABB&sel=DTP

The one pictured by @philstyle, and located in several places online, definitely is not.

Be very careful...

Reverb has an overhead strap, a circular rear pad, headphones, and a fabric covered faceplate.

Edited by p1t1o

That doesn't look like the Reverb

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsolrogers%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F03%2FCopper_VR_Commercial_CoreSet_FrontLeft-1200x675.jpg

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2