I-16

Plexus

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone point me to more information on the bird?

Whats the Armament just 7" caliber guns or rockets bombs etc.

Are there some missions with it?

Thanks in advance!

god dammed i-16 have 7" guns ?? realy 7" is not gun anymore this is naval cannon :P

i think you were thinging about 0.303" guns right ??

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

god dammed i-16 have 7" guns ?? realy 7" is not gun anymore this is naval cannon :P

i think you were thinging about 0.303" guns right ??

Type 24 should have 2 x 0.30 inch machine guns and 2 x 0.79 inch cannons ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_I-16#Specifications_(I-16_Type_24).

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Speaking with unit of measure of civilized people it has 2x7.62mm and 2x20mm

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Only taken her out for a short spin but I like her, but am I right there's no trim controls ?
yep

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I flew it a bit. Seems for me that is not needed any trim as looks it flies pretty straight out of the box. Its turn rate is also fantastic good... and very hard to stall it. All these makes me wonder how accurate is the FM.. I am not saying it is not true how is modeled, I just don't know how close to reality it is.

The systems however are modeled very nice.... and the landing gear ... well it requires to read the manual to operate them :)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Good Morning in Europe.

I have a problem using the I-16.

After buying the Module i can not fly it.

I only can use it as AI Plane in the Editor.

The Installation seems correct because it is listed in the installed Modules.

There is now errormessage or a Message about not activated.

Is it a Problem of the last Open Beta Update from yesterday?

When i use the Quick Options the setup the plane in the air or on the ground there is no plane visible or an error Message.

greetings

Andi

Edited by NightStalker63

Speaking with unit of measure of civilized people it has 2x7.62mm and 2x20mm

Does it? 'Cause visually it seems like there's only 4x7.62mm.

Here are some pics from (shame on me) WT. The look of Type 24 with 4x7.62 and Type 27 with cannons.

Cannons look quite large and not similar to what we have in DCS module yet.

6Xx5M6da3-M.jpg

HZwBmCSojiQ.jpg

Edited by skliff13

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We could not resist to test it in multiplayer asap :].

Apart for some aesthetic bugs (like gear showing always down in other players planes or doors not opening in the view of other players) we had a lot of fun :D.

Might be quite floaty with flaps, and can fly really slow without stall. No expert here so I leave this to real pilots that could give us some feedback about it.

Beautiful sound and amazing texture work

Overall. very unique to fly, nice maneuverability and aerobatic capabilities.

Great work OctopusG, best early access plane I have ever seen.

Keep the good work !!! What will be next? MiG3, early 109?

Sorry if I missed this but does anyone have any feedback on this thing in VR. Specifically is there a greater sense of speed due to the open cockpit? Wind noise for example.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Does it? 'Cause visually it seems like there's only 4x7.62mm.

Here are some pics from (shame on me) WT. The look of Type 24 with 4x7.62 and Type 27 with cannons.

Cannons look quite large and not similar to what we have in DCS module yet.

6Xx5M6da3-M.jpg

HZwBmCSojiQ.jpg

I think you are right, our I-16 seems to have four 7.62 ShKAS machine guns, i don't know why War Thunder says the Type 24 has 2x7x62 and 2x20mm.