Closed Airfields?

4eyes

I see there are Closed Airfields on DCS 2.5 Caucasus Map. Are the those Airfields usable in any way?

Can I land and take off from those airfields?

Can I add assets to those airfields to make them operational?

I think it would be great to build my own clandestine airfield/base for (Planes) using one of those air fields.

Closed as in the airfields name is in white in the mission editor?

You can land or take off at any of the airfields. If the name is white it means its neutral. Blue is for Blue side Red is for Red side. You set those manually in the mission editor.

You can add units to any of them if you'd like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess we are talking about the 'abandoned' ones that don't turn up as 'official' airbases.

You can land and take off from them with no problem at all, but they have no ATC, no ground crew and most fixed-wing aircraft cannot be spawned on them. You can place a player-controlled craft in ME by setting it to 'take off from ground', if available.

There is a slight workaround to make them operational (to a player at least) by setting up a FARP on them. The Viggen subforum probably has a guide on how to do that, as that plane is designed to operate from roadside bases if necessary.

I can not seem to be able to cold start spawn my Su-25T from a non official airfield. It keeps moving my aircraft to the nearest official base.

Bummer. I was hoping to set up my own private airfield and build a custom clandestine base. The Su-25T won't work.

I can not seem to be able to cold start spawn my Su-25T from a non official airfield. It keeps moving my aircraft to the nearest official base.

Correct. The Su-25T (like most fixed wing aircraft) can only be spawned at official airfields (or in the air).

There are workarounds, I think there was even a mod, but these workarounds might not work any longer, or they might get broken with any future update without notice. You could try to search for terms like "spawn on ground" or "take off from road" or so in the forum or in the user files.

For a while, there were grass airfields that could be placed in the ME just like FARPs, and I believe they worked for most, if not all, fixed wing aircraft. Last time I checked, I couldn't find them and maybe they were removed because of WIP or stability issues.

I'm really hoping this will become possible, but for the time being, it's not officially supported except for a few fixed wing aircraft.

Yes, there's one on the southwestern edge of the city of Kutaisi.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I only know of the one near Batumi. Are there more?

This talks about the two in Kutaisi:

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.