Brake outages

==Wiggy==

anyone ever experience braking failure on landing? I've had it happen with 86 many times where my brakes just up and cease working. But also experience it with the F5 at a less frequent rate. But occasionally they will work and then just completely stop working around 100kts on landing. then start working again when I'm about to hit the runout with no chance to stop before the dirt...quite frustrating. Doing a "Dollar Ride" with a guy last night. Always confidence building with someone else when sim weirdness happens. But, figured I'd ask here as it's happened a few more times now than I've cared for. Perhaps it's known....I need to pay more attention the next time it happens to understand the circumstances.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Brakes in DCS F5 are very easy to lock, so check if you are not leaving black lines of rubber on the tarmac.

They are also weaker than they should be compared to real manual performance, that was reported but never fixed. I just use the chute every time.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

In both cases you’re probably locking them. If you have an axis set for brake it’s a good idea to adjust the saturation down in axis tune so that you can apply them more gradually without locking them. Remember you don’t have ABS. You can’t just plant on them like you can with modern aircraft you have to be careful not to lock them. The skinny little tyres don’t help.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thanks guys!!! that did the trick. I have not adjusted the axis curves for the toe brakes at all....they must have been locking up...explains the randomness of it. Much appreciated for the help. Happy New year!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut