Server survey

NineLine

• ED Team

With all the issues we are seeing, could all server hosts please list server specs, connection type, and if possible a troublesome mission? I want to compile to see what everyone is doing and see if improvements can be made there. Please just list the info and leave discussion elsewhere.

If you don't want to share your mission publicly could you send it to me via PM? Also list all mods, scripts, etc.

Thanks all!!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I pretty much cant do what your asking(just because my system is made up of a cluster of systems, that are built to handle many servers), The server has a small script in the mission, and a small script as a hook, they both open lua socket connections, I have a nodeJS server hook into it and the server syncs what is going on with my external server, my external server uses this information to make all decisions(essentially making the game more than 2 threaded, and perpetual, units come back where they leave off) and sends back raw lua code back to be run(spawn/destroy/task/messages/scoring). this is why my server can handle massive amounts of load(1400+ units with 25+ ground CA units moving and shooting in convoys all attacking at the same time with 42 people on (this happened 2 nights ago, server never dropped below 40fps, it usually runs at 100+ fps)).

I do have some inner channels with things I find and I am giving the worst of the problems to BIGNEWY online, there are a lot of backend event API variables that are missing, like undefined weapons all over the place to name one, ground buildings are trying to capture nearby farps constantly, thing like that. I can open a channel and list all the ones off the top of my head if you like, but I do want to make sure you prioritize the worst of course

the BIGGEST problem for big multiplayer servers right now if people trying to join and if your server even lists on the main server list. The joining time is in the minutes, there something really screwy with how the MP server synchronizes its data with the end user client that takes A TON of time.... (then theres the massive memory requirement on top of that)

This is the DDCS Dynamic Caucasus server if your curious

Server Stats and connection:

I7-7700k

32 gigs of DDR4

m.2 SSD

connection:

7208316025.png

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40 GHz

32 GB Ram

64 Bit.

2 TB HD

Dedicated server compatible with DX 11.

After about 10 to 15 minutes all weird stuff starts to happen, The AI Planes like the tanker and AWACS freeze and the players planes start to dart all over the place, making the server un usable for us.

I pay £74 a month for the server, but im gonna have to cancell.

This is only with two to three player on at one time.

Hosting from my wn PC is much more stable.

Any help to resolve this would be most appreciated

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40 GHz

32 GB Ram

64 Bit.

2 TB HD

Dedicated server compatible with DX 11.

After about 10 to 15 minutes all weird stuff starts to happen, The AI Planes like the tanker and AWACS freeze and the players planes start to dart all over the place, making the server un usable for us.

I pay £74 a month for the server, but im gonna have to cancell.

This is only with two to three player on at one time.

Hosting from my wn PC is much more stable.

Any help to resolve this would be most appreciated

Is a sound device enabled on this system ? For some weird reason that appeared in 1.5.8 a sound device HAS to be on the hosting PC or things start to go terrible wrong. Why a sound device is needed is beyond me??????

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

the BIGGEST problem for big multiplayer servers right now if people trying to join and if your server even lists on the main server list. The joining time is in the minutes, there something really screwy with how the MP server synchronizes its data with the end user client that takes A TON of time.... (then theres the massive memory requirement on top of that)

+1 this Except the memory bit , even with a lot of people 25+ connected memory is not an issue (8-12G on average) ,

my mission uses all aircraft in the sim and uses MOOSE features

Havoc Server - hosts up to 30 people

3.4Ghz Xeon

32G RAM

64 Server OS

1GB Network

IP 4 Only

NO MODS

I will echo what Drexx has said, I see a LOT of people connecting .... for ages

then the poor buggers get disconnected before fully getting to the server.

NOTE: I added which protocol(s) the network card on the server is configured for

7217442160.png

Edited by Johnny_Rico

Is a sound device enabled on this system ? For some weird reason that appeared in 1.5.8 a sound device HAS to be on the hosting PC or things start to go terrible wrong. Why a sound device is needed is beyond me??????

Hmm thats interesting, i wonder why its needed. Will having a sound device enabled make the server run better?

We don't have a sound card on our rented server and It's running well.

We have crashed but not constantly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

We don't have a sound card on our rented server and It's running well.

We have crashed but not constantly

Was meaning a sound device, not a sound card

The problem was not crashing but terrible d-sync on the server

Which OS are you using on your server ?

Was meaning a sound device, not a sound card

The problem was not crashing but terrible d-sync on the server

Which OS are you using on your server ?

Windows 8.1

ah, ok

On your server PC

Bottom right hand corner, is there a volume control icon ? (note it might be hidden)

Edited by Johnny_Rico

ah, ok

On your server PC

Bottom right hand corner, is there a volume control icon ? (note it might be hidden)

Yes

Thanks for taking the time to reply, server versions of windows by default

do not have the audio service running, windows 8.1 as you have confirmed does have it on

E5-2670 12-Core (24HT)

16GB RAM

3 x SSD /HDD Scratch Storage

Server 2012R2

Self Hosted

Virtual Machine (Dedicated Sound Device, 4-Core (8-HT) Allocated)

1GB Interface to Internet (250Mbps-D 20Mbps-U)

(Spawning issues only running converted TTI) - Otherwise no real issues

-Risky ; Wildcats

Specs: AMD 3900X, Aorus Elite X570, 48GB, MSI 1080Ti, PCIe SSD, X56, Valve Index

The Ravens Rad server is:

I7 4970k

32gb ddr4 ram

1480Mbps down

245Mbps Up

Server has 61 slots with :

Moose, spot blocker, CTLD

The main crashes we get are Asyncnet.dll

Will supply logs and mission files via PM if you would like

Recorded asnet crashes are:

1/4/18

5/4/18

6/4/18

11/4/18

12/4/18

15/4/18

Average load time with my machine is 3 Mins, my spec is in my sig,

So im a little confused.

Do server versions of windows have a sound device ? and i just have to enable it ?

Or do i need a different version of windows on my dedicated machine ?

Most motherboards have a built in sound device

By default server versions of windows do NOT install drivers for the audio device

By default windows server versions have the Windows audio service set to disabled

Last year sometime one of the DCS patches keep causing issues unless there was an audio device working on the host PC, so I enabled mine and it stopped having issues

• 3 months later...

Cold War 1947 - 1991

* This server focuses on the MiG-21 and F-5 mainly, while featuring strikers and helicopters as well.

Server IP: 193.70.81.86

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211361

I have two projects running on the server:

Skirmish Missions:

Air-To-Air and Air-To-Ground objectives in 13 different missions that offer various scenarios. Each mission runs for 4 to 8 hours, then a rotation takes place and the next mission is up.

Dynamic Campaign:

Once in a while I take the 12 missions out of the server and launch the dynamic one. The dynamic campaign/mission is pretty much like BlueFlag by BuddySpike. However it focuses on the MiG-21 and F-5 mainly, plus featuring strikers (except for the A-10C and the Harrier) and helicopters.

Server Specifications:

Processor: Intel i7-4790K

Cores/Threads 4c/8t

Frequency: 4GHz / 4.4GHz

RAM: 32GB, DDR3, 1333MHz

Disks: 1 x 240 GB SSD (Only for Windows and DCS - nothing else!)

Bandwidth: 250 Mbps

Symmetric up/down

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hello everyone at Eagle Dynamics,

I would like to thank you all for finally including us, the DCS server hosts, to share our server specifications and hopefully together, we can achieve an even better multiplayer experience!

TAWDCS.org (The Art of Warfare - TAW.net) is running the exact same servers in both Europe and North America, even from the same hosting company.

Our server specifications:

Intel i7-6700K 4c/8t @ 4GHz

64GB DDR3 1333MHz

1x480GB - SSD

Onboard GPU - Intel HD 4500

Operating system: Windows 2012 R2

Network: 1 Gbps / 250 Mbps

As this is a server without 3rd party GPU, we have 3D Rendering turned off.

Our server has not crashed for 9 months at least, DCS itself is running fairly good, we do have warping/desync/disconnect issues now and again.

We are mainly running DCS Open Beta.

OmBgtgL

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

• 1 month later...

Server:

[iTA] Banshee TEST Server, plan to move out of "TEST" suffix with the dedicated server build.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-7700K with auto scaling frequency, 4.2Ghz Base, 4.5Ghz Max Turbo

RAM: 32GB DDR4 @2400Mhz

Storage: SSD 970 EVO M.2, NVMe for operating system, DCS Installation and DCS Saved Games

Connection: Down 1000Mbps / Up 200Mbps.

GPU: Integrated Intel HD 630, 2GB reserved (options.graphics.render3D = false autoexec.conf)

Mods

SLMOD

Mission and Environment

Running on latest Stable build.

6 hours lifespan for scheduled DCS restart ( killing DCS.exe )

Build on top of one shared on the ED User File, contain several ground missions spawnable with radio menu, integrated with MOOSE

We are also updating mission at each start injecting meteo and real time clock, we're actually moved out to see if it's contributes to our stability issues.

issues

Quite often server UNscheduled restart ( RestartOnCrash ). When it's happen most of time I can see there is the black screen with DCS World loading screen splash instead the multiplayer lobby.

Sometimes runs smooth for several consecutive days, sometimes required me to restart the whole server to get works properly

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Our main server has now a dedicated GPU ( GTX 1060 6GB ) and it's keep crashing :lol:

Rendering on/off doesn't make difference now.

We try a different mission, no helps, we try a different machine, creating a VM on Micrsoft Azure cloud, a 600€/month rental, and of course, it's crashed as well :D :thumbup:

On May / June, when we started, we can handle 20 / 25 pilots, now it's crashing even with only 5 pilot. Mission and server is the same.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!