A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

Sabre, did the individual practice missions ever get added to the DLC download? Is there a status on when or how to attain them separately if they haven't?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yes they did! Here is a forum post explaining how to access them (or skip them if you prefer).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Is there a diagram that shows the MOA for the BFT10 Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.

Thanks

Aracas

In the A-10C Operation Chosen Eagle pdf there is a diagram that roughly shows the MOA boundaries called the Airspace Coordination Order. The MOA is defined by the white borders.

In the Arrival mission the MOA is defined as the following briefing:

"The MOA is defined by Poti in the North, Batumi in the South, Kur.Bahmaro in the East and 10nm off shore in the West. "

Stay within these coordinates and stay south of the main river North of Poti.

HI Sabre....Quick question

I just tried restarting your Basic Flight Qualifications campaign in the stable release....It showed as inactive and I even tried resetting it.

BUT...It starts me out on mission 6 and its the practice mission not the campaign mission.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

My only thought is that I did have your campaigns installed from Maple Flags originally but removed this one when you released trhough the ED store.

Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I just tried restarting your Basic Flight Qualifications campaign in the stable release....It showed as inactive and I even tried resetting it.

BUT...It starts me out on mission 6 and its the practice mission not the campaign mission.

My only thought is that I did have your campaigns installed from Maple Flags originally but removed this one when you released trhough the ED store.

Thanks Jason

It's a side effect of including the single player missions in the campaign files. It doesn't happen often but it can if you reset the campaign. ED has the fix but I don't think it's been deployed yet.

Just keep resetting the campaign until the Arrival mission comes up. That's the first mission.

The fix should be deployed in the next ED update.

Alternatively you can edit your logbook with the instructions in this thread.

Ah, thanks Sabre. So if I just keep resetting it multiple times eventually it will get back to the start? And it won't be the practice missions?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Campaign jumps into training missions?

Thanks Jason

I noticed a similar behavior after reset. But in my case it happens in the middle of the campaign. After completing BFT06 my next mission is BFT04 training? I suppose it is not intentional and is somehow connected to the mentioned bug.

Can you confirm this Sabre?

Currently the only solution I see is to edit the logbook.

CAT-III

BFT07 Aerobatics triggers?

Hi Sabre!

First of all, thanks for this campaign! I hope your other campagins will be available soon!

Could you give some hints what success conditions for the Immelmann and loop have to be met? I did some practice BFT07's but I get mixed results. Sometimes after perfect flying (according to TacView) especially Immelmann is not considered a success. Sometimes the Immelmann is far from perfect and I get good sometimes even outstanding ratings.

I think it is somehow connected to the yawing at the slow upper point of the half loop or the height loss due to low speed. What I dont understand is that after flying without yaw deviation and almost no height loss the Immelmann is sometimes not considered successful.

Is also speed and height difference between start and end monitored? It would be great if you could give some more insight into that!

Thanks in advance

CAT-III

Edited by CAT-III

Hi Sabre!

First of all, thanks for this campaign! I hope your other campagins will be available soon!

Could you give some hints what success conditions for the Immelmann and loop have to be met? I did some practice BFT07's but I get mixed results. Sometimes after perfect flying (according to TacView) especially Immelmann is not considered a success. Sometimes the Immelmann is far from perfect and I get good sometimes even outstanding ratings.

I think it is somehow connected to the yawing at the slow upper point of the half loop or the height loss due to low speed. What I dont understand is that after flying without yaw deviation and almost no height loss the Immelmann is sometimes not considered successful.

Is also speed and height difference between start and end monitored? It would be great if you could give some more insight into that!

Thanks in advance

CAT-III

Developing the triggers to test the maneuvers was a challenge but with practice you will be able to do them well enough to pass. You do need to keep wings level so ensure you have enough speed before entering the maneuvers. In the practice mission there are extra messages to indicate when you have done it correctly (when the triggers are met) so I certainly recommend practicing to understand how to pass the maneuvers successfully.

Speed and altitude are not specifically checked however if you break the Hard Deck that will fail the mission so ensure you start from the recommended altitude for the maneuver.

Here are the specific checks used to measure the different maneuvers. All checks must be successful to pass the maneuver. If one of the checks fails then the maneuver is considered failed.

Immelman - A half loop up with a roll to level.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up to do a half loop,

Unit's Bank in Limits (-10, 10) - wings level

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in opposite direction

Split-S - A roll inverted then a half loop down.

Check 1: Unit's Bank in Limits (-10, 10) - wings level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - no deviation from heading

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (30,50) - Heading in opposite direction

Loop - Pull up into a loop and finish in the same heading as original direction.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up into the loop

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Still pulling in the loop

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in opposite direction at top of the loop

Check 3: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (30,50) - Heading in original direction

Barrel Roll - Pull up with a roll.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up

Unit's Heading in Limits (210,230) - No deviation from heading

Check 2: Unit's Bank in Limits (-63, -40) - wings banked for left roll

Check 3: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in original direction

Cloverleaf - First half of a right Barrel Roll with the last half of a Loop.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in original direction

Check 2: Unit's Bank in Limits (40, 63) - wings banked for right roll

Check 3: Unit's Heading in Limits (300, 320) - Heading 90 degrees right inverted

Check 4: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (120, 140) - heading after Split-S

Sequence - Any combination of aerobatic maneuvers as long as the pitch level

is changed with wings level.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 30) or Unit's Pitch in Limits (-30, -10)

All the maneuvers are timed (typically 30 seconds) so make your pulls and turns aggressive.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening Sabre:

In the first place, congratulations for this amazing campaign. It's exactly what i was looking for. A set of nice designed missions where you can evaluate your knowledge. I read in a post above that you planned to make the other campaigns available in the ED store too. I will buy them for sure.

Quick question... Are you planning make this kind of campaigns for other planes in DCS? What about a set of campaigns based in real air forces study plans whit several planes? For instance, in the Spanish Air Force, cadets first plane is the Tamiz, then C-101, then F-5 until the plane they actually are going to fly, F-18 or Typhoon. I know, right know, we got no Tamiz, no F-18 and no Typhoon right now but hopefully we'll see them soon.

Thanks.

Firma-Ala12-RV3.jpg

Good Evening Sabre:

In the first place, congratulations for this amazing campaign. It's exactly what i was looking for. A set of nice designed missions where you can evaluate your knowledge. I read in a post above that you planned to make the other campaigns available in the ED store too. I will buy them for sure.

Quick question... Are you planning make this kind of campaigns for other planes in DCS? What about a set of campaigns based in real air forces study plans whit several planes? For instance, in the Spanish Air Force, cadets first plane is the Tamiz, then C-101, then F-5 until the plane they actually are going to fly, F-18 or Typhoon. I know, right know, we got no Tamiz, no F-18 and no Typhoon right now but hopefully we'll see them soon.

Thanks.

Yes we do have plans for similar campaigns for many of the DCS aircraft. We also plan on porting them to the NTTR where it makes sense (A-10C, F-15C, FA-18C, etc). Lots of stuff coming we just can't say when yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats!

What do you think? Too hard, too easy?

We will be updating the campaign in the future (and converting it to the NTTR map) so please provide feedback if you desire.

It was hard. I had to practice a lot and search in Google and YouTube for tips. But I believe is very balanced. I liked a lot and did enjoy very much. I congratulate you for make such a great campaign and I recommend it not for beginners but for people who already has maybe 40 or 80 hours of flight and wants to improve the basic skills.

I can't wait for the advanced flight campaign .

Firma-Ala12-RV3.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have to say I was wrong:megalol:I have Been flying the A10c since the first beta and always felt I had a good grip on the Hog:joystick::pilotfly: But after picking up both BFC and the AFC and going back to the :book: to pick out a few things I have to say Saber GREAT JOB:thumbup: And any one looking to get a real grip on the how to in the Hog this is the BEST 20 bucks I've spent in a long time:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thanks. Glad you are enjoying them. We have one more A-10C Campaign that we are updating with pro voice overs.

The Tactical Training Qualification Campaign is a 15 mission campaign that focuses on combat. These missions have you use everything that you learned in the previous campaigns including weapons systems and air to air refueling and you also get to use your wingmen as well.

Close Air Support Tactical Stage:

TAC11 - FAC & JTAC Coordination

TAC12 - Stationary and Moving Target Tasking

TAC13 - Danger Close Tasking

TAC14 - SEAD Tasking

Battlefield Air Interdiction Tactical Stage:

TAC15 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Day

TAC16 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Night

TAC17 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Special Forces Coordination

Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC) Tactical Stage:

TAC18 - SADL Datalink Engagement

TAC19 - CAS Mission Management Day

TAC20 - CAS Mission Management Night

TAC21 - BAI Mission Management Day

TAC22 - BAI Mission Management Night

Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Tactical Stage:

TAC23 - CSAR Management Day

TAC24 - CSAR Management Night

Tactical Summary Stage:

TAC25 - Simulated Combat Mission

At the completion of this phase you will be considered Combat Mission Ready (CMR).

• 1 month later...

Just getting started with the BTF campaign for the hog. After some trial and error on BTF01 (Ground handling practice) I've made it through to the end BUT when the instructor says "OK lets check your shutdown procedure" he never says anything else and the mission just keeps running forever.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the campaign, with something I've not done (although the instructor has always failed me if I forgot something), or because ED introduced some nasty bugs with the latest patch: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2987868&postcount=176

Any suggestions?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5