DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

I see Abiator (Alexander Yartsev) awesome 3D renders popping up a lot here, for info he is a famous digital artist on DeviantArt and has nothing to do with Cubanace or DCS:

Check out his gallery, his MiG-31 is top-notch!

Which is exactly why Cubanace was so controversial, but I dont really want to open that can of worms in this thread. The renders are top notch indeed :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

We definitely need more modern russian jets. There is too much emphasis on Western planes. We now have mirage, f-18, f-14, AV8b, a-10c. Would love to see Mig-29k or Su-27SM.

Ask to Vladimir for a clearance :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

There should be a sticky topic saying:

— Russian law prohibit the full fidelity simulation of currently servicing aircraft

— Impossible to create any module without available documentation of the aircraft

— Due to secrecy, you'll never see a generation 5 aircraft.

— So no F-22

— No F-35

— No Rafale

— No Su-35

— No Pak-fa

— No Tiger

— No anything younger than MiG-23 from the red side

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

There should be a sticky topic saying:

— Russian law prohibit the full fidelity simulation of currently servicing aircraft

— Impossible to create any module without available documentation of the aircraft

— Due to secrecy, you'll never see a generation 5 aircraft.

— So no F-22

— No F-35

— No Rafale

— No Su-35

— No Pak-fa

— No Tiger

— No anything younger than MiG-23 from the red side

Give me a full-fidelity MiG-23MLA and then the Su-17, MiG-27 and MiG-29A and I’ll be happy! Now, back on topic... this is my most anticipated module and I can’t wait for RAZBAM to start work on it once the MiG-19 is out!

those are realistic (one in the works at least) ... a mig29 will always be an unfullfilled dream i am afraid

Thats quite bombastic to proclaim. That might be your opinion, but it doesn't make it so . Never say never, at least not for the earliest cold war models like the Mig29A or G.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I think plenty of folks qould be happy with an early mig29. As long as there were some good gen3 or early gen4 blue birds for it to kill.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thats quite bombastic to proclaim. That might be your opinion, but it doesn't make it so . Never say never, at least not for the earliest cold war models like the Mig29A or G.
Its Not about that i Wish it to be this way, but i wouldn't Count on any mig29 anytime soon :(

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

For me it depends how will they solve the fantasy radar of mig19... if they cannot do properly that radar, there is zero chance they are capable of correctly simulating mig23.

Fantasy radar?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

92066c4db2b7e6e26397551d91601789.jpg

And seeing the MiG-19 progress only makes me want the MiG-23 more!!! Can't wait...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

And seeing the MiG-19 progress only makes me want the MiG-23 more!!! Can't wait...

You may always have some acecombat. DCS is not about fancy models or colorful liveries. Here we want boring things like charts and real manuals being applicable.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

You may always have some acecombat. DCS is not about fancy models or colorful liveries. Here we want boring things like charts and real manuals being applicable.

The problem I have is not the manuals or charts, its how people communicate...

There is a big difference between "thank you for the all the hard work we really do appreciate, but could you improve this because this and this..." and "this is s*it... nobody buy this...add another toxic remark...bla bla bla"... or "they got that that pixel wrong, its not finished..."

we all in the community are getting petty and toxic... and that is not going to do wonders for the motivation of any team... again its the small teams are spending a lot of time to bring you a product for a relatively small amount of money, nobody is going to buy a Ferrari out of this..., not a hundreds of engineers, in a faceless corporation with the millions of dollars budget to make it...

we as a community with the average age of 35 should really grow up and learn to communicate with dignity and respect and appreciate hard work and give constructive feedback, not act out every little frustration.

Again I am not calling out anybody in particular, I only feel we all should work toghter and to make sure that we don't turn in to those "bastards" from the quote.

• Like 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

The problem I have is not the manuals or charts, its how people communicate...

There is a big difference between "thank you for the all the hard work we really do appreciate, but could you improve this because this and this..." and "this is s*it... nobody buy this...add another toxic remark...bla bla bla"... or "they got that that pixel wrong, its not finished..."

we all in the community are getting petty and toxic... and that is not going to do wonders for the motivation of any team... again its the small teams are spending a lot of time to bring you a product for a relatively small amount of money, nobody is going to buy a Ferrari out of this..., not a hundreds of engineers, in a faceless corporation with the millions of dollars budget to make it...

we as a community with the average age of 35 should really grow up and learn to communicate with dignity and respect and appreciate hard work and give constructive feedback, not act out every little frustration.

Again I am not calling out anybody in particular, I only feel we all should work toghter and to make sure that we don't turn in to those "bastards" from the quote.

Fully agreed, I am tired of all the toxic comments by folks against RAZBAM.

Certainly the radar can be improved by redoing the ground clutter, but it won't make much difference in how you use it. Moreover there is no ground radar code for 3rd parties as far as I know and all solutions that have been brought by other developers in AG, like Heatblur needed a lot of time to bring the Viggen's radar up to today standard (some two years) and it is still only a workaround. I am sure that we will see improvements from RAZBAM and even if not, I consider it a minor thing which will not spoil my experience of using Mig-19P.

I am thankful that they are doing this wonderful aircraft as today the only developer doing Eastern aircraft. If you cannot live without full ground clutter simulation, which when done properly would eat performance of your PC than do not buy Mig-19 or anything from RAZBAM, but please refrain from toxic and bashing comments, which only demotivate and create bad atmosphere in this very small community. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

That really looks just like a WIP problem. It comes down to how it is programmed. Radar screen reflects a position of an object. For it to work properly, you have to not only record the position (they already got that part) but also display it at the right moment and "freeze" it until it fades out. Not to mention a plane will give you multiple returns (which was used to verify size of target) dependent on its size. I have seen an airliner give iirc 5 returns on RP-21, I'll see if I can find the footage. Both work roughly the same way with non-stabilized radar dish; slight difference being that one sweep in RP-1/2/5 is for upper sector, one for lower. (Note that the lower sector could be blinded for low-level operations, both sweeps are done in the same direction - unlike with RP-21/22 - and that both sweeps will see the target that is on level with the aircraft boresight - again, it's not stabilized.)

Go to 2:10; RP-1 radar screen would look the same.

UbqHsXLqwJY?t=2m10s

Edited by Koty

Maybe Razbam also put a lot of efforts into getting such a toxic community...

I recommend researching Jordan Peterson.... good reading...

-------