Graphics

Hello,

Years ago I have bought flaming cliffs 2 and played it a long time until I broke two joysticks. Now I decided to buy another one and fly again. When I installed the game on my also new computer which is like 10 times better then my old one, the graphic seemed like super low specially the ground (screen is attached). Can you guys help me resolve this issue. Or I should buy now the newer version?

Screen_Shot_000.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly think you should upgrade to DCS World with Flaming Cliffs 3. DCS World 1.5 is the latest, and it's free. If you want to continue flying the planes you love from Flaming Cliffs 2, get FC3.

Link to DCS World (free): http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

Link to FC3 (payware): http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

You will get a license key, and you can then install FC3 from within DCS World's "Module Manager". Yeah, they changed a lot of things since then - for the better! :)

Oh, and since LOMAC and FC2 is considered "Legacy", you might want to join the discussion on DCS World when you're up-and-running here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=71

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thank you very much for the answers. Ppl are much more helpful here then on the Russian side of the forum. I have one more question. Since I mostly fly Su 27 is there a possibility to buy only the Su 27 for now and fly against other people in DCS World like I used to in FC? Or I need the whole pack?

Yes, I saw already that I can buy it, but my question was am I going to be able to fly it against other people like in lock on? Like with all kinds of planes on the same map and me with the flanker? Or there are just limited missions in single player or multiplayer only with other folks that got the Su 27?

That's a good question. I believe (but I could be wrong) that you should be able to do this, as not everyone owns every module, and MP still works for those folks as well.

In other words, modules you don't own will still show up in MP, however, you cannot fly them yourself, but you will see others flying them.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Correct!

Now - if you want to fly on the new Nevada map (NTTR), you will have to get DCS World 2.0 and purchase the map. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The idea is that 1.5.x will be merged into 2.0.x, so there will be both the Caucasus map and the Nevada map within the same version, yes. So you can still fly SP and MP on the old map, and optionally have the NTTR map if you want to.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com