Any New F-16 Throttle being made anywhere?

Davee

The throttle on the JF-17 appears to be very close to the F-16 throttle

I've thought about trying to mod a cougar into a JF-17 one, replace the range knob with a 4way switch. probably have use an add on board and 2nd usb cable for it

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Problem is the tom cat HOTAS setup is... kinda lacking?

I'd appreciate maybe a white colored hotas grip. Maybe pretend it's what the super tomcat 21 would have been

Actually the winwing hornet throttle works very well on the cat. Not 100% but its pretty good, and its currently my favorite throttle. And I use whichever of my 3 throttles are the closest fit for the plane (coug/warhog).

I want a harrier throttle. Or mig throttle.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Check out Hegykc on this forum as well. He was around a few years ago making some digital mockups, but nothing materialised due to inferior quality machines at the time. He’s back using some new equipment and he has some amazing looking actual prototypes of some warbird throttle quadrants being tested a Croatian(?) online squadron. Anyways, in one of the photos on his thread it looks like he has an F-16 throttle. So maybe sometime in the future.......

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I see a Batman sign, I respond:

None of my models/renders were "digital mockups". My models are CAD files designed specifically to be manufactured. Anyone can model an F-16 grip shape, you could hire a 3d modeler and he'll be done in an hour or two. This CAD model was 1500 - 2000 hours of work. That's for the 3d model, not the actual prototype on the video link. 75% of that being the internals, switch housings and stuff you will never even see. There will be a base for it. But until it was as good/better than the King Warthog, I was not satisfied. Now it is. It's heavier than the metal Cougar handle, switches feel good with heavy solid clicks. It's not a empty shell, but an almost solid piece of plastic, which is impossible to do with traditional injection molding. No squeaks, no rattles... You drop it on the floor, you will brake the floor. Along with it being a solid chunk of plastic and not an empty shell, I use embedded stainless steel rods for extra weight and balance:

Everything made in-house. Still has stuff missing and disregard the copper, I'm experimenting with materials.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

That's what I meant. Looks solid.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Any plans to make and sell these?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Wrong thread I know, but do you think you'll be able to make a force sensing stick base like the RealSimulator one, that's not quite as expensive?

And I bet a force feedback stick is also in the works??!! And a helicopter collective. :smilewink:

Yes of course, that's the whole point. That's why it needs to be heavy and solid, smooth surface finish etc. Otherwise i would have just made a crappy one with cheap flimsy ebay buttons for myself on the first try.

Interesting!! Any idea of timescale and cost?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

And I bet a force feedback stick is also in the works??!! And a helicopter collective. :smilewink:

Force feedback, or a version of it, is in play. As with fly-by-wire aircraft "force feedback" is artificial in real life, it's called "force loading". In F4 Phantom for example, it was so violent, that in a bombing dive, upon reaching a certain speed the controls stick would stiffen up so much it could pull the stick out of pilots hands. Also stall buffeting is a stick shaker motor in real life modern aircraft too. So yeah, force loading is the plan.

Interesting!! Any idea of timescale and cost?

Well, since there are now other manufacturers with incredible products, I will try not to bring knives to a bomb fight :) More affordable, more true-to-life and always in stock, is what I'm working on now, and will try to compete with that. I will let the timescale be a surprise to both my potential customers and my competition :)

• 1 year later...

Winwing will soon release an F-16 hotas.

Since i'm just coming back to the Viper: is this still planned and how is the status?
Frankly, I don't expect that hegykc guy to release anything to the public, ever.
Winwing already has prototype photos on their channel on hotas/hosas/simpit discord.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat