Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

7 hours ago, SniperSS said:

Ya pero siempre el mismo mapa aburre.

Same map? It's 3 maps actually and the MiG-15 and the F-86 are included in all of them.

5 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

BEST SERVER EVER! yes thats in caps!

Glad you're having fun!

Hau rein!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

We have been enjoying your server for the last few days, always a pleasure to fly on it! 

Had an encounter with a Thor SAM yesterday on the Behind enemy lines mission. Must say they are pretty tricky to take down with the RB75A’s. Any chance to add on a few B’s to help out a bit?  

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, NELLUS said:

We have been enjoying your server for the last few days, always a pleasure to fly on it! 

Had an encounter with a Thor SAM yesterday on the Behind enemy lines mission. Must say they are pretty tricky to take down with the RB75A’s. Any chance to add on a few B’s to help out a bit?  

I thought there were some B's! I'll check it out....

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 3/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, NELLUS said:

How exactly would that change the Tor shooting down your mavs?

1 hour ago, LegionCW said:

How exactly would that change the Tor shooting down your mavs?

It wouldnt, but the B's cam has more zoom, making it easier to acquire targets at range (but more difficult to find them with the seeker alone)

Edited by BonerCat

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

7 hours ago, BonerCat said:

It wouldnt, but the B's cam has more zoom, making it easier to acquire targets at range (but more difficult to find them with the seeker alone)

That’s right, gives a bit further reach. One doesn't want to mess around with a Tor 😕

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

22 minutes ago, LegionCW said:

@Alpenwolf Looks like the ground units for Red side didn't spawn on mission start, again, at any lake or town.

Screen_210320_213251.png

Can't do anything about it. Nothing.

😔

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

18 minutes ago, LegionCW said:

How about changing it so neither side spawn with ground units, and the helis have to go and cap each one by bringing units from their FARPs?

@Alpenwolf

Or a trigger if red units don't spawn, kill blue units to make it fair

But what possibly could causing this? Does it happen on other missions?

Edited by The_Tau

5 hours ago, The_Tau said:

@Alpenwolf

Or a trigger if red units don't spawn, kill blue units to make it fair

But what possibly could causing this? Does it happen on other missions?

Not that we've seen or noticed. Only seen it happen 2-3 times on this Persian gulf lake and town mission. And agreed about the making it fair.

1 hour ago, rossmum said:

Red can't spawn enough Mi-8s on Behind Enemy Lines, last I heard only 2 spawned in before running out. Server's been up for ages so maybe it's getting hinky from not being restarted?

Maybe so I actually restarted it this morning 😉

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Whatever was causing performance issues in Two Towns, it affects my new PC even worse. It gets worse as the mission progresses and only takes effect when looking directly towards the blue town. I can't figure it out, but there has to be something to it as other people were experiencing it as well and it only happens when looking that that spot, late in the mission. Like the smoke layers just keep spawning on top of each other or something. Brought me from >80FPS to about 15, then back up as soon as I looked away. 🤯

5 hours ago, rossmum said:

Whatever was causing performance issues in Two Towns, it affects my new PC even worse. It gets worse as the mission progresses and only takes effect when looking directly towards the blue town. I can't figure it out, but there has to be something to it as other people were experiencing it as well and it only happens when looking that that spot, late in the mission. Like the smoke layers just keep spawning on top of each other or something. Brought me from >80FPS to about 15, then back up as soon as I looked away. 🤯

I've never experienced the like. However, I did reduce the smoke volume in the mission as some players seemed to also have issues with it. I'll reduce that again a bit more if it helps fixing the issue.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Alpenwolf Battle over sukhumi is still bugged - 2 Hueys spawned instantly at Sukhumi (neutral) and captured it before I even turned the second engine on in the Mi-8. Moreover I would assume they can still spawn at Sukhumi even when Red captures it, as has been seen on 2 different occasions.

1 hour ago, LegionCW said:

@Alpenwolf Battle over sukhumi is still bugged - 2 Hueys spawned instantly at Sukhumi (neutral) and captured it before I even turned the second engine on in the Mi-8. Moreover I would assume they can still spawn at Sukhumi even when Red captures it, as has been seen on 2 different occasions.

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments