Indo-Pacific Map?

Largely copied from my post in the ED DLC Map Wishlist section, but I felt like it could go here as well. And Deka Ironwork Simulations seems like a natural fit. So:

I can’t imagine this hasn’t been asked before, and I apologize for not digging through the forums to see, but what about the Indo-Pacific Theater? I’ve seen mention of a map for Iwo Jima, potentially, but that’s it (and that would be incredibly specific/largely irrelevant imo).

Giving the presence of various critical chokepoints throughout the region, as well as rising tensions between the United States and China, wouldn’t it make sense to have, say, the Strait of Taiwan, the Strait of Malacca, or something in the SCS (like the Paracels)?

The J-11A (and presumably other Chinese aircraft on the way) and Chinese assets; the Harrier, F-14, F-18, and more western naval aircraft on the way; and a huge amount of resources going into carrier/naval operations - wouldn’t something along the lines of what I’ve mentioned be a no-brainer?

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Korean map make more sense in this regard.

Since this "taiwan" thing isn't recognised by anybody, it is not presented in DCS. So having this "taiwan" doesn't make much sense.

Korea on the other hand makes more sense as many factions would get involved IF conflict rises. Factions like China, Russia, US, both Korea and Japan, and maybe Canada as well.

Another possibility is Kashmir region. For started, it is a region where 3 powers clashes, since it has a disputed border between China, India and Pakistan. Not to mention we just got JF-17. Besides, for people who doesn't enjoy conflict and war, this map would be super since it has mountain Everest. Just imagine the scenery. ;)

Korean map make more sense in this regard.

Since this "taiwan" thing isn't recognised by anybody, it is not presented in DCS. So having this "taiwan" doesn't make much sense.

Korea on the other hand makes more sense as many factions would get involved IF conflict rises. Factions like China, Russia, US, both Korea and Japan, and maybe Canada as well.

Another possibility is Kashmir region. For started, it is a region where 3 powers clashes, since it has a disputed border between China, India and Pakistan. Not to mention we just got JF-17. Besides, for people who doesn't enjoy conflict and war, this map would be super since it has mountain Everest. Just imagine the scenery. ;)

I love the idea of Kashmir. There are so many mountains around borders and we can even have the K2 mountain. This would be the most harsh environment for ground combat since there are a lot of places for ground units to hunker down and hide form long range air weapons.

We would have perfect reason for using our GPS guided bombs and waypoint based missiles.

Probably not going to happen but one can dream.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED