4 min alignment option?

Dispatch

I also hope ED would provide this option or implemented store heading and inflight alignment ASAP.

I used to sit 15 minutes to do rampstart in other sim but time is luxurious for me now.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I also hope ED would provide this option or implemented store heading and inflight alignment ASAP.

I used to sit 15 minutes to do rampstart in other sim but time is luxurious for me now.

Stored heading is already implemented - set the INS switch to the stored heading position and the INS aligns in 90 seconds.

Stored heading is already implemented - set the INS switch to the stored heading position and the INS aligns in 90 seconds.

Hmm, didn't really work for me when I tried it yesterday. The alignment status got stuck at 64 IIRC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Since when? Latest update? Last time I tried it didnt work. Gonna try it when I get home.

Thanks

I don't know when but if you stored heading you get the fast status count down to status 10 in exactly 1.5 minutes. It should be less than 1.5 minutes for ~40 latitude but it's distinctly different than status 60 normal align in terms of display.

Hmm, didn't really work for me when I tried it yesterday. The alignment status got stuck at 64 IIRC.

Since when? Latest update? Last time I tried it didnt work. Gonna try it when I get home.

Thanks

It's worked since the INS was implemented - wait till everything powers up and the MFDs switch on, then stick the INS knob in the first position (in VR so I can't actually read the label - probably ASH/stored heading), and it'll start counting down. Takes 90 seconds till ALIGN starts flashing / RDY flashes on the DED, then stick it in NAV.

It's worked since the INS was implemented - wait till everything powers up and the MFDs switch on, then stick the INS knob in the first position (in VR so I can't actually read the label - probably ASH/stored heading), and it'll start counting down. Takes 90 seconds till ALIGN starts flashing / RDY flashes on the DED, then stick it in NAV.

Thanks, tried again and it is working now (counting down to status 10). Must have messed something up on my previous attempts. :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, we still need an option for mission makers to enable or disable stored heading alignment, like we have with the Tomcat.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
8min is a tragedy on MP.

No, it's not. It's the same duration as with other aircraft (e.g. F-14).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

If time is a factor or if Multiplayer, why not have the aircraft start on the runway or in the air?

The current alignment implementation in DCS is closer to the RL version of the USAF F-16C block 50 after CCIP with OFP 4.2+ circa 2007 than any other sim. The DCS F-16 is still missing a thing or two, but is evolving nicely.

Lets not change it because miss conception, because other erroneous implementations in other sims, for multiplayer or time constrains when we have so many other options available for those instances.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yes, please at least go to 4min.

8min is a tragedy on MP.

Just use stored heading alignment (90 secs)or inflight aligment (never tried this tbh) if you really want to get airborne really fast lol.

No, it's not. It's the same duration as with other aircraft (e.g. F-14).

Yes, it is, I really dont care how long it takes in other aircrafts lol

Just use stored heading alignment (90 secs)or inflight aligment (never tried this tbh) if you really want to get airborne really fast lol.

Looks great, any disadvantages from this?

OK Then,

Let us here it from a RL viper driver, that the block 50 takes 8 min.

Thanks

Just to clarify:

- Starting the mission with aircraft running on the ramp is not good enough

- Starting on the runway, not good

- Starting on the air, not good

- Store heading alignment allowing working system in 90 sec ( not realistic unless previously a full alignment was performed but an option in DCS) not good enough

- Having an unrealistic gyrocompass time for alignment for a USAF F-16C block 50 circa 2007 still using RLG Part Number 890500-203 and prior to TCTO 1F-16-2489 and TCTO 1F-16-2570, that is the one that will be good enough?

Just want to make sure I understand

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Are you A RL Viper Driver?

No

If this is RL, then it is FINE.

was led to believe the EGI systems only 4 min.

The avionics power panel would look different for that versions. Instead of INS it would say EGI and there would be no GPS power switch.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

Ah, I thought the DCS F-16 was an EGI variant and was simply currently missing the "EGI" label on the panel. In which case normal alignment I think is 8 minutes or less. I don't know how the time-to-align varies with latitude but I think it's supposed to complete within 8min up to 60 or 70 latitude. I don't know what is the best case (equator?) time-to-align or if it varies significantly airplane to airplane.

What fraction of the 8 minutes is typical of our Caucuses 40-45 latitude? I dunno.

It take 4:47 to click fly, re-arm the F-16, start

Here is the track for Caucasus, open beta ver 2.5.5.41962

How fast can I start the F-16 .trk

It takes 4:25 for the MIG-29S to re-arm, etc.

How fast can I start the Mig-29 .trk

A 20 second difference, so what is the disadvantage right now on the F-16 in multiplayer in relation to the INS alignment?

To whom it may concern,

i would consider the whole rearming thing as unrealistic and it should be kicked out of the Sim.

A task which can take hours reduced to jut a few seconds and then complaining about a few minutes of algnment.

You should be able to adjust Loadout upfront and you should be able to refuel but not rearming, then it doesnt make any difference to align a few minutes longer.