Community Poll For Bugs/ Reports

RAZBAM_ELMO

Community Poll For Bugs/ Reports  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Community Poll For Bugs/ Reports

• Keep it the way it is, sort through the posts and update very single one.
    • Start looking at cleaning out whats there and look at a new way of presenting the various stages

Bug tracking should be an ED enterprise and not left to the third parties to track on their own. They a;ready have a "Ticket Reporting" system built into their website. That I believe is the bug tracker NineLine referred to when he, BIGNEWY, and tea_cipher are using to get Razbam on track.

avoid something like the "community bug tracker" you had before at Razbam in your website: apart from the tool itself, that I really didn't like from a user experience point of view, you guys only used to show us what you were doing and what not, and not in a timely manner anyway since you didn't seem to update it that often.

ED needs to build a public facing BT for the players to interact with and use as a source for info on what's up with the bird. This shouldn't be left to third parties, any of them, to manage in the public eye.

And I agree thee with Lorthirk's post about change and transparency.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Bug tracking should be an ED enterprise and not left to the third parties to track on their own. They a;ready have a "Ticket Reporting" system built into their website. That I believe is the bug tracker NineLine referred to when he, BIGNEWY, and tea_cipher are using to get Razbam on track.

ED needs to build a public facing BT for the players to interact with and use as a source for info on what's up with the bird. This shouldn't be left to third parties, any of them, to manage in the public eye.

Exactly what I said would be my dream :) It's not something trivial, at all, and requires people to manage it. But if ED could make it work properly, the whole DCS (both core and third party) would benefit incredibly.

I wonder if NineLine or BIGNEWY are around to hear what they think about this.

Why would you not use community bug tracker? It already contains everything reported.

I assume, Elmo wants to establish a procedure for the future. The Community Bug Tracker is a good starting point, but needs to be replaced with something more, hrm, usable. Bkthunder put an enormous effort into collecting and structuring the existing bug reports, but an Excel list is not really maintainable in day to day operations.

Exactly what I said would be my dream :) It's not something trivial, at all, and requires people to manage it.

Players to contribute, Testers to investigate, Report, Communicate to Devs, and Track.

Done right it should save money on labor and reduce to a minimum "Forum Drama". With automated notifications, a reporting player and any player wishing to subscribe, should be able to receive changes in status.

Also players should be able to view and search the data base of reports.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Players to contribute, Testers to investigate, Report, Communicate to Devs, and Track.

Done right it should save money on labor and reduce to a minimum "Forum Drama". With automated notifications, a reporting player and any player wishing to subscribe, should be able to receive changes in status.

Also players should be able to view and search the data base of reports.

100% correct. That's why you need an external tool like the one Leatherneck put up (by the way, if you're curious, it's called Mantis Bug Tracker and it's a free, open source tool). Let's hope someone from ED notices this thread and at least think about this.

Thanks for reaching out to the community Elmo, before anything is done. Good approach for handling it.

First of all I believe the general consensus is not to remove anything. I can see archiving previous posts, however the problem with that is also by archiving and closing threads we are not allowed to bumb or move to the top festering issues that one might not have known about that has been open for years, and can just be bumped to the top. C BugTracker from BK is a great tool as well.

I do understand your want an feeling to want to clean up and organize. Also the issue with remote bug tracker are the need to actually keep up with it. We have seen this before with Razbams created bug tracker two years ago (Which is now defunct) . Certain issues and items were never correlated over to the tracker from the official forum after being acknowledged, not reported at all or just left to collect dust either in the forums or on the bug tracker. Coupled with this and added to mention the tracker was never updated. Somewhat similar to what we have seen with spotty changelogs since the modules inception.

To sum it up whatever you end up doing just be aware we have seen lots of methods and systems however reinventing the wheel so to speak will only work if its actually kept up. You need to find a system that works for YOU as you have to keep up with it and manage it. Just make sure you clearly outline and adhere to what is asked of us.

We will help out as best as we can, but keeping data as well as logs and timestamps is priceless .

Edited by Shrike88

Hey guys. So to answer similar questions in one.

Yes we have an internal bugtracker to help accumulate and assign bugs to. Its also split into which versions of DCS they are in, being put through the ropes by the tema and ED CB testers.

I am currently forming a PoA with the team and ED Beta testers to organize what exists at this time (coordinating whats on the forums and what is internal).

If after this is done and problems with organization/ efficiency still exist, then we may move to a different system. ED has their own internal BT system for themselves and adding all or a 3PD to that would just add to the confusion. Having that separation allows us to differentiate our problems and theirs.

If that happens, allowing public access or public input to it would have to be decided on by the team, because right now some stuff on future projects exists within the internal tracker which I know you lot would love to see but RB does not lol. Cause it are sekrit.

I hope that answers those questions, keep the ideas and suggestions flowing tho, I appreciate the calmer and more surgical approach were all taking on this issue.

I may not always like you, but I will always love you( as my late grandmother put it).

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I'd say merge any separate threads that point to the same issue, and while that's a lot of work, once it's been done checking the forms once a day or every other day should be more manageable. The vocal portion of the playerbase is always going to manage creating a mess.. and like a home.. it's less work to clean a little every day than to clean after months of not touching anything.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I'd say merge any separate threads that point to the same issue, and while that's a lot of work, once it's been done checking the forms once a day or every other day should be more manageable. The vocal portion of the playerbase is always going to manage creating a mess.. and like a home.. it's less work to clean a little every day than to clean after months of not touching anything.

My thoughts exactly. I will be working equally alongside bignewy and tea_cypher over the coming weeks to sort through, manage and prioritize bugs mentioned here with ED's internal tick system and adding them to RAZBAM's internal tracker for the team to see. From there it is a matter of the team looking over what are the most glaring issues and then prioritizing the most important ones or those that require minimal time to fix.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Honestly, the bug section is a completely mess.

I would appreciate it, if after the next patch everything is set to 0 and that all bugs should be submitted again in a "new" section.

It would then also probably be easier to keep track of them.

But please: Don't delete the old ones, just archieve them - so if the bug is still present, a small post which leads to the old topic can be made.

Some of the reports have a lot of work - tracks, videos, descriptions etc. If the bug is still there, this work should not be wasted.

The above sums up my view on what should be done. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Please, keep it. Dont delete. I think you must collect all the data from them and take the comunity bug spreadSheet and merge all.

Create a new one topic with the reference bug and keep tracking on it. This will enhance comms in both sides.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro