What next after Syria map?

YoYo

Hello Ugra, what next after Syria map?

I know, if you know - its top secret undoubtedly still but maybe we can have some of wishes? ;)

Now we have 3 deserts or similar desert maps, 2 maps for WWII and just one "the green" map Caucasus. Thats all. It will be nice to see something green again with 4 seasons after dry climates:

Propositions of theatres, just ideas:

- Korea

7s8IRLvt.jpg

- Vietnam

tgCp49xt.jpg

- any country from Europe - Warsaw pact / NATO (70-90's borders) to simulate "Cold war" period

eRXd8Rnt.jpg

- Balkans (Serbia, Bosnia / Herzegovina)

209xcHPt.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cyprus ;)

But its confirmed - just maybe I'll add "the whole" Cyprus :) because this user noticed this https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453982&postcount=184

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

But its confirmed - just maybe I'll add "the whole" Cyprus :) because this user noticed this https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453982&postcount=184

I know, that's the very reason why I mentioned it, as this Cyprus addition is what Ugra Media will probably be busy with next, after the Syria Map has been released. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Question is will Cyprus be able to squeeze in all 9 listed airfields?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I would give up both my balls for a quality Vietnam map. To keep the map big enough to cover Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and the North and the South, just put in the major cities and bases. Say, Bangkok, U Tapao (a big Buff base there!), Saigon, perhaps just the outline of the Mekong, Phnom Penh, Cam Ranh, Da Nang, Vientiane, Hanoi and Hai Phong. Everything else is just The Bush. Maybe enough of the South China Sea to allow for a carrier or two.

• Like 1

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

The next?

1. Add Cyprus

2. Feature complete map.

3. Release out of early access.

4. Include seasons.

5. Support for ongoing changes in DCS.

I am pretty sure this should be it for the considerable future.

The last thing I would like is to have it in Early Access for the next years due to works on yet another terrain.

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I dont know Cyprus well enough to say one way or the other, a number of them look to be Untowered airfields which helps, I feel like if it doesnt have all 9 it will be called 'incomplete' by members of the community for all eternity, but it will really come down to memory available I suspect.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

The next?

1. Add Cyprus

2. Feature complete map.

3. Release out of early access.

4. Include seasons.

5. Support for ongoing changes in DCS.

I am pretty sure this should be it for the considerable future.

The last thing I would like is to have it in Early Access for the next years due to works on yet another terrain.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I would give up both my balls for a quality Vietnam map. To keep the map big enough to cover Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and the North and the South, just put in the major cities and bases. Say, Bangkok, U Tapao (a big Buff base there!), Saigon, perhaps just the outline of the Mekong, Phnom Penh, Cam Ranh, Da Nang, Vientiane, Hanoi and Hai Phong. Everything else is just The Bush. Maybe enough of the South China Sea to allow for a carrier or two.

Is that a new type of crypto currency?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I would love to see a Balkans map... with the level of detail I’ve seen from the Syria previews, may bring my system to its knees.

But, short of that I’d like to see...

1. Balkans

2. Korea

3. Taiwan

4. Germany (Fulda Gap)

5. Something fantasy (Northwest United States, Alaska, Scandinavia, Baltic, etc.)

• Like 1

I would say we desperately need Vietnam due to having many of the craft that took part, Huey, Mi-8, F-5, Mig 21, (And I suppose Mig 15s can be stand ins for 17s) and you can throw in the F-14A if you wanna do an Operation Frequent Wind...

But with ED pushing back the complimentary main star of the show to the Mig 21, the F-4 back even possibly to a 2022 release...I'm gonna have to go with the Fulda Gap circa 1984.

I'd love to have most of West and East Germany modeled...at least cut off around the Frankfurt/Prague area.

Here is what I propose working with a 600x500km map size provided by Syria

a1396d0131e829e12107f320a80f5737.jpg

Capture.PNG

And for reference here is the rough size of Iran compared to Europe when comparing Persian Gulf's detailed and Full size

79c6c418f69b49100ecf1c01da440958.png

Edited by Southernbear

Looking at it due to the placement of Cold War era airfields it will be tough to make a map...at least it would have to be very large for a DCS map standard...like in the range of 700x700 to even 1000x1000km so as much as I want it, it probably would be quite taxing to make

With all the AC that's planned Vietnam has to be up there.

Would also like to see a Central Europe cold war map. I second the Fulda GAP (just get me an A10a with a Clickable cockpit please)

Balctic sea map: with Kalingrad, Northern Poland Belarus Russia to St Petersburg encompassing the 3 Baltic states and a bit of Sweden and Finland. I live in Riga so kind of biased.

North cape? Korea? Taiwan?

Maybe a N Africa with Tunis/ Northern Lybia and Sicily 1000x 1000 would cover it and you could do WWII Battles and the 1986 Regan Raid on Tripoli.

My 2 cents

• Like 1

It would be a pleasure to have the entire "Middle East" including "India and Pakistan" and the DCS Maps would gradually unify into the Great Map of the conflicts of the last 50 years.

5qoHxZT.jpg

This whole area in DCS is my dream... Regards ;)

• Like 1

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be a pleasure to have the entire "Middle East" including "India and Pakistan" and the DCS Maps would gradually unify into the Great Map of the conflicts of the last 50 years.

can you hear my SSD crying? :D

Im affraid - to do this with DCS technology - 15 years of work, not two weeks ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif