VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

20 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, if I understand you correctly it's easily fixed. Don't run VA, run the VAICOM tray app instead. It will start VA and whenever it crashes, restart it for you. Come to think of it, after starting using the tray app, VA seldom crashes now, and it has been totally immune after going 64bit. For me that is. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Will give that a shot. Thanks.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 7/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, MAXsenna said:

Yes. Seems the license keys are kept in registry, so one needs to re-activate.
I had bought VAICOM licenses on multiple emails, so I got a little anxious at first, but found them all. Now they're all in a TXT file, saved several places. emoji4.png
You say "new C drive". Is the old one still available? I made a snapshot of my old one, but haven't had time to check the registry on it as I solved it, but I guess their not really stored there, just the activation.

I'm sure Hollywood will get back to you, but if you have the purchase confirmations, it's strange that the licenses are not in email adjacent to them though. Have you search through all your emails for VAICOM with the correct filter?
Hope you'll solve this soon!
Cheers!

Thanks MAXsenna, I had moved the purchase receipt to an archive folder but never did the same with the keys!! My keys were emailed to me the day after I posted, sorry for the delay, I have been doing a lot of overtime recently so I have avoided the PC. Always stay up way too late once its booted up.lol. Thanks for the reply..

• Like 1

Thanks MAXsenna, I had moved the purchase receipt to an archive folder but never did the same with the keys!! My keys were emailed to me the day after I posted, sorry for the delay, I have been doing a lot of overtime recently so I have avoided the PC. Always stay up way too late once its booted up.lol. Thanks for the reply..
You got it sorted. That's perfect!

Every now and again the transmit sound disappears when using my PTT, I have to toggle it several times and it eventually returns, not sure what the cause is ?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

3 hours ago, Oban said:

Every now and again the transmit sound disappears when using my PTT, I have to toggle it several times and it eventually returns, not sure what the cause is ?

same here

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

I just got this and I'm doing some training to get it to recognize my speech patterns better.  I'm following insructions from p.41 of the manual

• Once you are done with training you will need to manually close the MSVR window yourself, the plugin will not do this for you.
• Click on the square microphone icon again to exit Training Mode.

I presume it is okay to stop in the middle of the words list?  There is currently 900+ words and I can't do it in one sitting.

After I close MSVR and the square microphone icon, is that it done?  Does it auto-save or something?  Or do I need to click the FINISH button too?

I've added a few words that it's not recognized but when I re-do the training, the program still has issues recognizing the word.  Do I need to restart Viacom/Voice Attack or restart the PC for these changes/additions to work?

Thanks!

- Ice

I just got this and I'm doing some training to get it to recognize my speech patterns better.  I'm following insructions from p.41 of the manual
• Once you are done with training you will need to manually close the MSVR window yourself, the plugin will not do this for you.
• Click on the square microphone icon again to exit Training Mode.
I presume it is okay to stop in the middle of the words list?  There is currently 900+ words and I can't do it in one sitting.

After I close MSVR and the square microphone icon, is that it done?  Does it auto-save or something?  Or do I need to click the FINISH button too?

I've added a few words that it's not recognized but when I re-do the training, the program still has issues recognizing the word.  Do I need to restart Viacom/Voice Attack or restart the PC for these changes/additions to work?

Thanks!

The VAICOM training has never worked for me. But it has for others, they say. But even so, the training you really want to do anyway, is the core training of the Microsoft Speech Recognition, because MS Speech Recognition, is what is actually doing the recognition, neither VAICOM nor VoiceAttack.
As for your other questions, there are no saves or nothing. Just close it per the instructions in the manual. No need for the finish step unless you changed any keyword/alias. No need to restart VA. So yes. You can stop whenever you want in the middle of the keywords list.

I haven't done ANY keywords training on my fresh Windows installation/VAICOM installation.
BUT I really trained MSSR. The recommended number you'll find anywhere is three. But I did both "paths" 10 times, meaning I did it 20 times. Yes, boring as hell. But worth it for me as a non native English speaker. I also did half of it in a monotone voice like MSSR instructs you too, and the other half in a natural way.
I have added a few stubborn words to the dictionary. Well, words? Airfields actually.
VAICOM has the airfield Maykop-Khanskaya (F10 map) as Khanskaya in the keywords, while in game, at least for me the ATC is actually called Sokrat. So while playing the Oilfield Campaign today, I added it as an alias, applied, finish, pasted in the profile, worked like a charm without exiting or restart of DCS or VA.
I love when things just works as expected!
Cheers!

Hi everyone! I recently bought VoiceAttack and VAICOM PRO license. I want to use it for my communication with RIO in F-14. I tried to configure everything as in the manuals on youtube. But I can't do anything. I have two questions.

Is it possible to use viacom pro and the Jester control wheel at the same time?

Can someone help me set everything up correctly? We can use discord or something else.  Unfortunately, English is not my native language. Reading and watching manuals is very difficult for me.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/GeForce RTX2080 Super/3840x2160/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG+VPC War BRD+BRD педальки/Win 11

I think i solved my problems. There is one question left.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/GeForce RTX2080 Super/3840x2160/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG+VPC War BRD+BRD педальки/Win 11

No. VAICOM disables the Jester wheel currently, but adds it's own.
Try "Jester... Options" or something.

• Thanks 1

19 минут назад, MAXsenna сказал:

No. VAICOM disables the Jester wheel currently, but adds it's own.
Try "Jester... Options" or something. emoji4.png

I found just "Jester". But it's doesn't work.  Any other ideas? 

Well, quite honestly. I don't use any of the"wheels", and I don't intend to. I printed out the pages from the manual with the AIRIO commands. Once you learn them, you don't want the wheel anyway.
Also, if you go to the unofficial Discord, some dude posted kneeboards of all the. AIRIO commands some days ago.
Cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, Vasilich said:

Disable AIRIO. That's what disables your Jester Command Wheel and enables voice commands instead. Now whether the voice commands work along with the wheel after disabling AIRIO idk, you have to test that out for yourself. I just opened the VAICOM PRO manual, which has ALL of the VAICOM commands listed.

Edited by adirtynurse

Also remember, that VAICOM PRO has adapted some of the commands (shorter and easier words) and might not be exactly the same as shown in-game. And that you're talking to a robot (voice rec) and you kind of have to talk like a robot, phrase by phrase, keyword by keyword. Took my dumb brain embarrassingly long time to figure that one out 😄

Edited by adirtynurse

Is there any good reason why a tanker will not answer back after "request for refuel"?

I made a map to practice AA refueling, 2 client aircraft FA-18 & an A-10CII. I get answered back from the FA-18 but not the A-10.

I've checked and double checked I'm on the tankers freq, but nothing.

Also, the tanker is the type with with a boom and and baskets.

--Arthur C Clark

3 hours ago, adirtynurse said:

Disable AIRIO. That's what disables your Jester Command Wheel and enables voice commands instead. Now whether the voice commands work along with the wheel after disabling AIRIO idk, you have to test that out for yourself. I just opened the VAICOM PRO manual, which has ALL of the VAICOM commands listed.

Disabling ARIO in the VAICOM settings will not restore the original wheel. Instead you need to remove the ARIO DLL file from the VAICOM installation. That will disable ARIO voice commands, but not other VAICOM voice commands. 

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

3 hours ago, Sr. said:

Is there any good reason why a tanker will not answer back after "request for refuel"?

I made a map to practice AA refueling, 2 client aircraft FA-18 & an A-10CII. I get answered back from the FA-18 but not the A-10.

I've checked and double checked I'm on the tankers freq, but nothing.

Also, the tanker is the type with with a boom and and baskets.

The command is "approaching for refuel" if I recall correctly. Secondly, you can do funky things with VAICOM on the the A-10 radios, such as select an AM recipient on an FM radio, and that may cause a recipient to not respond. Make sure you are using the right radio. And use a "Select" command first to make sure you have selected the right tanker if there is more than one. Simply tuning to a frequency is not sufficient to make sure that a VAICOM radio call goes to the right recipient.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

6 hours ago, sthompson said:

The command is "approaching for refuel" if I recall correctly. Secondly, you can do funky things with VAICOM on the the A-10 radios, such as select an AM recipient on an FM radio, and that may cause a recipient to not respond. Make sure you are using the right radio. And use a "Select" command first to make sure you have selected the right tanker if there is more than one. Simply tuning to a frequency is not sufficient to make sure that a VAICOM radio call goes to the right recipient.

Roger that. I know the commands and I can see them being sent via the onscreen dialog in the upper left of the window. And I can see the radio tune to 251.000 when I say select 2 5 1 decimal zero

--Arthur C Clark

Hi,

I've an issue with refueling on the Supercarrier in Banklers Case I training mission. I can request the crew to refuel my ship ("Crew, request refuel"). But I cannot abort. If I say "Crew, Abort Refuel" the command gets correctly recognized by voice attack as Ground Crew - Abort Refuel, but in game this is send as "Abort rejoin", which does not do want I want. See attached Screenshots.

20210731174020_1.jpg

voice_attack_abort_refeul.png

Edited by Raskil

Hi,

I've an issue with refueling on the Supercarrier in Banklers Case I training mission. I can request the crew to refuel my ship ("Crew, request refuel"). But I cannot abort. If I say "Crew, Abort Refuel" the command gets correctly recognized by voice attack as Ground Crew - Abort Refuel, but in game this is send as "Abort rejoin", which does not do want I want. See attached Screenshots.

20210731174020_1.thumb.jpg.3932d97629de30ee095d4c96ea4751ee.jpg
voice_attack_abort_refeul.thumb.png.b04161b5745ada23a826e16896aceff2.png
I don't think you can abort refuel on "ground". If you don't want to be topped off on ground, I believe you have to "request re-arming", and then set the amount of fuel you want.
Cheers!

EDIT: As far as I know, this is a DCS limitation, and you can always move away from the refueling team and ignore their complaints. "Hey, watch'a doing?!" or whatever they say.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

I don't think you can abort refuel on "ground". If you don't want to topped off on ground, I believe you have to "request re-arming", and then set the amount of fuel you want.
Cheers!

EDIT: As far as I know, this is a DCS limitation, and you can alway move away from the refueling team and ignore their complaints. "Hey, watch'a doing?!" or whatever they say. emoji4.png

Correct. "Abort refuel" is for the tankers.

• Like 1