VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Yes - for most of them you need to run with Easy Comms on at the moment, otherwise they will communicate on the ground but not in the air

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Does anyone know whether Hollywood is aware of the problemes after 2.7 update and if he is working on an update? I could not find an official statement here in the forum or on the VAICOM website. I miss the radio transcriptions on the kneeboard, but I do not want to spam the support-contact when he is already working on it.

Edited by Hive

On 5/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, hornblower793 said:

Yes - for most of them you need to run with Easy Comms on at the moment, otherwise they will communicate on the ground but not in the air

I have just tried defaut mission for P-47 Yardwork and it seems that AI do not communicate with Easy Comm ON nor OFF.

If I e.g. say Radio Check, they do not answer "Roger" one by one...

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

1 hour ago, Hive said:

Does anyone know whether Hollywood is aware of the problemes after 2.7 update and if he is working on an update? I could not find an official statement here in the forum or on the VAICOM website. I miss the radio transcriptions on the kneeboard, but I do not want to spam the support-contact when he is already working on it.

• Thanks 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi, I posted this elsewhere and was told this is a known issue with Vaicom...
In DCS, the com menu is tied to key ''.

My VA plugin, amongst other things, is trying to press this key to bring up the communication menu. The problem is that it does not always succeed. That is I may have to say "show comm menu several times before it brings up this menu" and in each of these times VA recognized my command and presses the proper key (I verified this).

Sometimes the command is sent without any issues.

I tried remapping the key to something else and it did not help.

I decide to try with a clean profile, not plugin involved and 1 command

image.png

the same problem - the com menu may sometimes fail to load and I need to say it twice or more and in each, the command is recognized by VA.

VA is targeting DCS in the options

What can cause this? I don't think it happens with any other keys I press or the plugin presses and it is not plugin related as I showed.

Hi, I posted this elsewhere and was told this is a known issue with Vaicom...
In DCS, the com menu is tied to key ''.

My VA plugin, amongst other things, is trying to press this key to bring up the communication menu. The problem is that it does not always succeed. That is I may have to say "show comm menu several times before it brings up this menu" and in each of these times VA recognized my command and presses the proper key (I verified this).

Sometimes the command is sent without any issues.

I tried remapping the key to something else and it did not help.

I decide to try with a clean profile, not plugin involved and 1 command

image.png.8658375eae3540cc275905d4d369a07f.png

the same problem - the com menu may sometimes fail to load and I need to say it twice or more and in each, the command is recognized by VA.

VA is targeting DCS in the options

What can cause this? I don't think it happens with any other keys I press or the plugin presses and it is not plugin related as I showed.

Answered on other post

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Screamer63Karpyion has / had a different problem - he was trying to get the Comms menu to show using a voice command while Vaicom was running - it wasn't to do with the mic shutting off.

Is your problem that the mic stops listening while you have the PTT button pushed?

• Like 1

No the problem with Menu started for me also after 2.7 update before that it was fine.. But I also have the Shuting off issue too it is after I do a procedure it shuts off randomly 5-10 sec  after the command is completed... FYI.. I say Seat down tro lower seat and a few seconds later VA stops listening I have to Say Start listening to get it to listen again.. This goes on Continuously while I am in the aircraft A-10C II... 

7 hours ago, Screamer63 said:

No the problem with Menu started for me also after 2.7 update before that it was fine.. But I also have the Shuting off issue too it is after I do a procedure it shuts off randomly 5-10 sec  after the command is completed... FYI.. I say Seat down tro lower seat and a few seconds later VA stops listening I have to Say Start listening to get it to listen again.. This goes on Continuously while I am in the aircraft A-10C II... 

"Start listening"?
Are you starting Microsoft Speech Recognition when Windows starts?
Voice Attack doesn't like that. That's why it asks you to shut it down if it's on when one starts VA.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes  "Start Listening" When Iget and Error "See Pic" something about Command NOT AVAILABLE (Chatter) the Mic in VA stops listening I have to say that Every time to get it Listening to voice commands again...I tried to repair VP but no change same thing happens.. I have Never had a TX button setup to have VA listen to commands it was Always On and Never an issue until Now Something in 2.7 Changes Everything and my VA functioning.. 😞  Like the Menu not working with the \ Command... Now this constant On - Off Crap..

VA_Shuts off.jpg

Edited by Screamer63

Yes  "Start Listening" When Iget and Error "See Pic" something about Command NOT AVAILABLE (Chatter) the Mic in VA stops listening I have to say that Every time to get it Listening to voice commands again...I tried to repair VP but no change same thing happens.. I have Never had a TX button setup to have VA listen to commands it was Always On and Never an issue until Now Something in 2.7 Changes Everything and my VA functioning..   Like the Menu not working with the \ Command... Now this constant On - Off Crap..

1178935786_VA_Shutsoff.jpg.cdcebc8dcfd17cffcad78069ce53ea4a.jpg
You are seeing the chatter not available error because Vaicom is not the top level profile - I got this the other day trying to help someone else.

Elsewhere on the forum,@Hollywood_315 has stated that 2.7 has changed how some of the communications work and that there will be an update to the plugin. However, he also stated that this will not happen until 2.7 is released onto stable because ED are still changing things. I think all people can do is therefore wait patiently.

I am guessing they will not make a stable build until they have resolved the constant / intermittent crash that some people (including me) are experiencing.

28 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

You are seeing the chatter not available error because Vaicom is not the top level profile - I got this the other day trying to help someone else.

Elsewhere on the forum,@Hollywood_315 has stated that 2.7 has changed how some of the communications work and that there will be an update to the plugin. However, he also stated that this will not happen until 2.7 is released onto stable because ED are still changing things. I think this is why you are seeing issues - neither VA or Vaicom have been updated in the past few weeks so it must be somethi g changed under the hood in 2.7

I literally never fly without Viacom Pro running and I absolutely love it.

I have to say, although I've read a number of times that the Viacom profile has to be top level, mine is configured as the second level profile to all of my aircraft specific profiles and it works perfectly. I configure that way as it means I only need one copy of it and I have VA commands set in the top level aircraft profiles to easily switch between them while I'm in VR.

Here's the config from my top level A-10C II profile. I have Viacom (and then a generic DCS world profile) daisy chained in the "include commands"

image.png

Never had a problem with this config with any Viacom Pro feature.

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

I literally never fly without Viacom Pro running and I absolutely love it.

I have to say, although I've read a number of times that the Viacom profile has to be top level, mine is configured as the second level profile to all of my aircraft specific profiles and it works perfectly. I configure that way as it means I only need one copy of it and I have VA commands set in the top level aircraft profiles to easily switch between them while I'm in VR.

Here's the config from my top level A-10C II profile. I have Viacom (and then a generic DCS world profile) daisy chained in the "include commands"

image.png.ed534d29efd7f64104d651d4cf6c2234.png

Never had a problem with this config with any Viacom Pro feature.

I know, but the chatter not available issue seems to be triggered by the Vaicom profile not being the top level at the moment - it is something changed in 2.7 so I am sure will be resolved

Hi all, has anyone come across vaicompro no working properly with the F14 on a super carrier? Ground crew commands are recognised but not actioned, where as RIO commands are "AIRO commands are not available. Only seems to be with the F14, ground crew commands work when in a Hornet.

3 hours ago, itekiwoshi said:

Hi all, has anyone come across vaicompro no working properly with the F14 on a super carrier? Ground crew commands are recognised but not actioned, where as RIO commands are "AIRO commands are not available. Only seems to be with the F14, ground crew commands work when in a Hornet.

Are you in a cold and dark Tomcat - if so have you tried using the interphone (TX5) to make the calls?

On 5/12/2021 at 12:41 AM, Screamer63 said:

I say Seat down tro lower seat and a few seconds later VA stops listening I have to Say Start listening to get it to listen again.

I don't understand this description of the problem. VA would not hear a spoken command to "start listening" if it has already stopped listening. So you must mean something a bit different from what you wrote.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I know, but the chatter not available issue seems to be triggered by the Vaicom profile not being the top level at the moment - it is something changed in 2.7 so I am sure will be resolved

When VAICOM is not top level, and debug is on, you get the "chatter complain". It's of no consequence and uncheck debug and they're gone I believe.
Cheers!

I don't understand this description of the problem. VA would not hear a spoken command to "start listening" if it has already stopped listening. So you must mean something a bit different from what you wrote.
He didn't answer my question if he had started Microsoft Speech Recognition. "Start listening /stop listening" are specific Microsoft Speech Recognition commands, and MSSR can be configured to start with Windows, I think. But VA should throw a warning about it running and ask permission to close it.

55 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Are you in a cold and dark Tomcat - if so have you tried using the interphone (TX5) to make the calls?

Hi Hornblower, yep cold and dark tomcat on carrier deck and yes to using interphone as well. May just do a fresh install of vaicom just to make sure i haven't borked anything. Odd that its only for the tomcat on a carrier in both open beta and stable, but will try fresh install first and then work from there.

1 hour ago, itekiwoshi said:

Hi Hornblower, yep cold and dark tomcat on carrier deck and yes to using interphone as well. May just do a fresh install of vaicom just to make sure i haven't borked anything. Odd that its only for the tomcat on a carrier in both open beta and stable, but will try fresh install first and then work from there.

I have just tried both the 14B and 14A cold and dark on the SC and can confirm that it worked for me

This is my Start Listening Setup in VA NO it is not the MS Voice Rec it is in VA.. So I have Always had a Hot mic in VA I say Start Listenig and Stop Listening to say Commands to VA to get DCS to respond to them... IE Start Listening... Seat Down.. This Signals VA to Listen to commands..and Woola the Seat Goes Down I say Stop Listening to Mute VA Mic...SIMPLE!! 🙂 Well it was but after 2.7 it is FUBAR!!

Start_Listening 2.jpg

Start_Listening.jpg

Start_Listening 3.jpg

Edited by Screamer63

11 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I have just tried both the 14B and 14A cold and dark on the SC and can confirm that it worked for me

Got it working now. I toggled "Enabled" for AIRIO off and on again, seemed to have done the trick but I don't know how that would mess around with the ground crew. But its working now so happy and i've got something to start from if it happens again.