VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

47 minutes ago, The LT said:

Hello everyone,

For some reason, my VAICOM creates a copy of folder hierarchy in "C:\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit" which stays after closing VoiceAttack. I'd rather it didn't put temp files in root folders. Any fix for this?

Interesting. I'm seeing the same thing. Seems to be a copy of the files added to DCS as part of VAICOM's kneeboard extension. I agree that it shouldn't be there. I suggest you report it as a bug in a separate thread in the main VAICOM forum. This thread is so long that it will be easy for the dev to miss your report.

BTW, nothing about these files is reported in the VAICOM log even with debug turned on. Seems like these files should be in the list of files "reset" upon initialization.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hello everyone,

For some reason, my VAICOM creates a copy of folder hierarchy in "C:\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit" which stays after closing VoiceAttack. I'd rather it didn't put temp files in root folders. Any fix for this?
Yeah. Me too actually.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi, using my ARIO extension I'm completely unable to make jester to switch radio frequencies. I'm using "radio tune two five six decimal zero zero zero" for example and nothing happens. Same if I use "select TAC Lincoln". TACAN tune commands work. 

I've check the voice commands for radio tuning and seem to be missing. 

It's weird since I've been using these radio voice commands in the past and they used to work. At least until the last update. 

Any ideas?

Can someone confirm that the AI RIO pack for VAICOM PRO only recognizes the FEW commands listed in the VA profile and NOT the whole list of commands in the VAICOM PRO manual.

EDIT: Nevermind. I was stupid as usual. Got it now 😄

Edited by adirtynurse

Hi guys!
I've been using Vaicompro for a long time and I'm very happy with it. I've purchased recently the F14 and of course the AIRIO extension to Vaicompro.
I've been doing test with both of them in Singleplayer and worked wonderfully, VAICOMPRO recognized my airframe and everything worked out fine.
Jumping into multiplayer, VAICOMPRO doesn't recognize my airplane nor airport, so AIRIO becomes unavailable and I can't find a way to make it work in multiplayer.

Of course, I do have VAICOMPRO pro, airio and realistic atc extensions. 

Any help would be greatly appreaciated

Ok, once again I have the same problem that keeps happening over and over and I don't know how to fix it (I fix it and later it comes back again). I have done all the steps in the manual, and all of the steps you guys have given me, but nothing I do can eliminate the problem. Again it's not recognizing the modules and cannot use it. Why does it keep rearing its ugly head and what can I do to fix it?

Once again, here comes the new log file:

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5
   Using Regular install path for 2.5
   Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = F:\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
DCS World version STEAM not found.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 36 imported ATC aliases.
Setting ATC Oliver Hazzard Perry class as recipient Oliver Hazzard Perry class 15801
Setting ATC Ticonderoga class as recipient Ticonderoga class 15802
Setting ATC Bandar-e-Jask as recipient Bandar-e-Jask 15803
Setting ATC Ras Al Khaimah Intl as recipient Ras Al Khaimah Intl 15805
Setting ATC Al Minhad AFB as recipient Al Minhad AFB 15807
Setting ATC Al Ain Intl as recipient Al Ain Intl 15809
Setting ATC Abu Musa Island as recipient Abu Musa Island 15811
Setting ATC Abu Dhabi Intl as recipient Abu Dhabi Intl 15813
Setting ATC Sas Al Nakheel as recipient Sas Al Nakheel 15815
Setting ATC Al Dhafra AFB as recipient Al Dhafra AFB 15817
Setting ATC Al-Bateen as recipient Al-Bateen 15819
Setting ATC Sir Abu Nuayr as recipient Sir Abu Nuayr 15821
Setting ATC Kish Intl as recipient Kish Intl 15823
Setting ATC Liwa AFB as recipient Liwa AFB 15825
Setting ATC Lar as recipient Lar 15827
Setting ATC Lavan Island as recipient Lavan Island 15829
Setting ATC Jiroft as recipient Jiroft 15831
Setting ATC Kerman as recipient Kerman 15833
Setting ATC Shiraz Intl as recipient Shiraz Intl 15835
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.

Thanks

On 3/27/2021 at 2:55 PM, sniperpr1 said:

Ok, once again I have the same problem that keeps happening over and over and I don't know how to fix it (I fix it and later it comes back again). I have done all the steps in the manual, and all of the steps you guys have given me, but nothing I do can eliminate the problem. Again it's not recognizing the modules and cannot use it. Why does it keep rearing its ugly head and what can I do to fix it?

Once again, here comes the new log file:

Two thoughts: (1) You might be using Steam version but VAICOMPRO is unable to find a registry link to your steam installation. (The log file says it can't find a Steam version.) Or (2) you are starting DCS before you start VoiceAttack, so that the changes that VoiceAttack makes are not seen because those files were loaded already.

Nothing looks out of place in the log file, so you will need to provide a lot more detail about exactly what you are doing and how your installation is set up in order for someone to help you.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sniperpr1 said:

I am not using steam, but open beta and starting vaicom pro before dcs. Also, I have standalone selected in config. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled vanilla dcs and vaicom pro. Still nothing.

More questions then: Do you have "Use custom path" checked in config? If so, what is the path? Do you have Open beta selected in Config? Where is your dcs open beta installed? Is it possible you have more than one copy of open beta on your computer? How do you start DCS? Please report the exact path you are using to start DCS open beta. Are you running VA as administrator?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sniperpr1 said:

I am not using steam, but open beta and starting vaicom pro before dcs. Also, I have standalone selected in config. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled vanilla dcs and vaicom pro. Still nothing.

Hello,

If you are using a custom path you need to point it to your 'DCS World OpenBeta' folder. Mine is I:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Openbeta

Also we have a discord page here if you wish to jump on https://discord.gg/TTufWqTa

Does anything appear in the configuration window when jumping in an aircraft for example

It would seem Vaicom is looking for a 'standard' install and not a custom install.
as you can see my Log looks first at I:\

VAICOM PRO logfile
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
   Install path = I:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Liam\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Edited by LiamK8

It would seem Vaicom is looking for a 'standard' install and not a custom install.

VAICOM PRO logfile
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
   Install path = I:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Liam\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
Or, could it be using the wrong saved games folder?@sniperpr1 could you post a screenshot of your VAICOM settings?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Or, could it be using the wrong saved games folder?@sniperpr1 could you post a screenshot of your VAICOM settings?

Please could you also check your c:\users\Jose\Saved Games folder and see if there are any DCS folders other than DCS and DCS.openbeta.

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

4 hours ago, LiamK8 said:

I'm not sure why you say that. In his log file VAICOM found both a release and an openbeta version of DCS and made suitable modifications to both. That's normal. You apparently do not have the release version installed, or if you do, then the registry key for it was deleted, because VAICOM is not finding it.

Ok. I had everything you suggested as you suggested, but was having the problem. After uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, it's back to functioning normally, but l'll take screenshots of everything so I can use them as reference if this happens again. Once again, thank you very much for your suggestions... 👍

• Like 1

I have a really weird problem with Vaicom Pro... I own two modules and by both of them I am facing a radio which is not working

1- F/A-18C

By this module my comm2 is not working. I set the hotas button for Tx2 and when I press it I see that 

• Voice Attack recognizes TX2 is pressed (or released)
  • Vaicom Pro shows in PTT screen correct frequency and comm2
  • Still the voice message is not transmitted over correct comm (I think) to the DCS as I get no reply (i.e. Bogey Dopes returns nothing)

If I set the same freq. for Comm1 and do the same stuff over comm1 all works perfectly

2- F-16

By this one UHF is not working but VHF does (so similar issue like above and same behaviour I observe). Interesting thing is, although UHF is recognized over voice attack and Vaicom Pro, in DCS I notice that VHF Channel is blinking although I use UHF hot keys

Anybody who faced same issue? 😞 I survive by F18 as comm1 and comm2 are identical but F16 is not possible to fly with Vaicom as UHF and VHF have no identical bands to replace one another.

I have a really weird problem with Vaicom Pro... I own two modules and by both of them I am facing a radio which is not working

1- F/A-18C
By this module my comm2 is not working. I set the hotas button for Tx2 and when I press it I see that 
  • Voice Attack recognizes TX2 is pressed (or released)
  • Vaicom Pro shows in PTT screen correct frequency and comm2
  • Still the voice message is not transmitted over correct comm (I think) to the DCS as I get no reply (i.e. Bogey Dopes returns nothing)
If I set the same freq. for Comm1 and do the same stuff over comm1 all works perfectly

2- F-16
By this one UHF is not working but VHF does (so similar issue like above and same behaviour I observe). Interesting thing is, although UHF is recognized over voice attack and Vaicom Pro, in DCS I notice that VHF Channel is blinking although I use UHF hot keys

Anybody who faced same issue? I survive by F18 as comm1 and comm2 are identical but F16 is not possible to fly with Vaicom as UHF and VHF have no identical bands to replace one another.

Do you have any radio control mappings set up in DCS?

Have you mapped the TX2 button to anything in DCS? If so, clear this and see if it helps

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

nope I deleted all the entries regarding radio comms in DCS but I will double check tonight. I notice one more thing by F18 comm2 button which is recognized sending the message over comm1. By F16 UHF sends the message over VHF. Weird thing is time to time it starts working magically during mission as it supposed to work but 90% of the time it does not work. I am having a really weird situation with vaicom..

1 hour ago, Devastator said:

nope I deleted all the entries regarding radio comms in DCS but I will double check tonight. I notice one more thing by F18 comm2 button which is recognized sending the message over comm1. By F16 UHF sends the message over VHF. Weird thing is time to time it starts working magically during mission as it supposed to work but 90% of the time it does not work. I am having a really weird situation with vaicom..

We could do with a lot more information to help you - best thing to do is open this as a new thread in the Vaicom section of the forum. In the post please could you post screenshots of your Vaicom config PTT and Preferences tabs.

It would also be useful if you could turn on Vaicom debug (first option on the Config tab), restart VA and then post the Vaicom log to the thread (the log can be found in <your Voiceattack install directory>\apps\vaicompro\logs)

Do you have any daisy-chained profiles (e.g. Bailey's) and do you run with other DCS add-ons such as Tacview or SRS?

Do you use external programming software for your HOTAS - what set-up are you running,

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm having issues sending commands to individual wigmen. It always send the command to the entire flight. I'm sure it's either a setup problem or user error, but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically what I do is say "two", wait for the small beep, then say the command, such as "go to tanker". The "two" call is recognized, and VA shows waiting for "additional input". Then the "go to tanker" command is sent to the entire flight, not the individual wingman.

You can see the log below. (Ignore the "no flight recipients", I didn't have a mission running when I generated these, it was just for demonstration purposes).

Screenshot 2021-04-03 12.28.47.png

5 hours ago, norman99 said:

I'm having issues sending commands to individual wigmen. It always send the command to the entire flight. I'm sure it's either a setup problem or user error, but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically what I do is say "two", wait for the small beep, then say the command, such as "go to tanker". The "two" call is recognized, and VA shows waiting for "additional input". Then the "go to tanker" command is sent to the entire flight, not the individual wingman.

You can see the log below. (Ignore the "no flight recipients", I didn't have a mission running when I generated these, it was just for demonstration purposes).

Screenshot 2021-04-03 12.28.47.png

I think you are releasing TX1 too early after saying go to tanker so it is processing go to tanker as a standalone command which defaults to the whole flight

4 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I think you are releasing TX1 too early after saying go to tanker so it is processing go to tanker as a standalone command which defaults to the whole flight

Thank you. 👍

I gave it a try and it works much better now. Seems I wasn’t waiting for the second conformation “beep”, such as after the “go to tanker” phrase. So even though it recognised the phrase, it didn’t connect it to the prior “two” call, and direct it to the correct recipient.