• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
No, not yet, sorry.

Why not ?

Is that a Top Secret thing ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If it's so obvious, which I do agree with you, it wouldn't be a problem for NL or BN to confirm this.

At this moment I'm not sure if ED even confirmed the issue with the dis-/appearing distant clouds in VR. Let alone if this is solved with the new and improved clouds.

I know, chances are slim that either NL or BN read my questions, but I have to try :)

I think the disappearing/re-appearing is because, in VR, the textures are only rendered in one eye. This is true for a number of textures, not just clouds.

I've also just resigned myself to flying with no clouds at all...which for a modern flight sim in 2020 is just completely silly.

That, and the weird lighting that is always wrong in the cockpit if correct for outside and visa-versa, just makes it not fun to fly this sim anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Please check the wet carrier deck at 0:25 of the new halloween sale. Looks awesome:

i was under the impression that this was in the sim for many month already. you probably need the advanced reflection enabled for it to show, but i wouldn't know: i'm still on a nvidia gtx770...

Yeah, pretty sure you get them when using SSLR, but as twistking said, there is a significant performance hit, on top of the significant performance hit of SC itself.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

i was under the impression that this was in the sim for many month already. you probably need the advanced reflection enabled for it to show, but i wouldn't know: i'm still on a nvidia gtx770...

Oh really? Wasn't aware of that, seems my PC spec has to be renewed ????

Oh really? Wasn't aware of that, seems my PC spec has to be renewed ????

no. to see the effect, it shoud be enough to enable "sslr" in the options as northstar wrote. chances are, that performance will be bad with it on though. if that's the case then updating your GPU might help.

no. to see the effect, it shoud be enough to enable "sslr" in the options as northstar wrote. chances are, that performance will be bad with it on though. if that's the case then updating your GPU might help.

Thanks a lot, will try it with "sslr" activated