TM Warthog Replacement Throttle Switch

VFRHawk

Hey,

Had switch 16 on my Warthog throttle go in to a permanently on condition. I've been in touch with TM and they say they don't have that part. Can anyone give me a location to buy from, and more importantly, the right part number for a remove and replace spare? I've seen the like of mouser but I've no idea what part to buy as they're all just switches to me! It's the left switch on the top row on the throttle, fuel control left or something similar on it.

Many Thanks

Graham Smart

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping that someone can come by and answer this, as my right side fuel switch needs replacing as I dropped a coffee mug on it and it’s now broken. Also, how big of a PITA is this going to be to replace? Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Thrustmaster finally got back to me and will sell me the entire right PCB for the throttle, which includes the switch I broke. Is this just a plug and play replacement as far as everyone knows? I understand I’ll have to remove the main PCB to get to it, but I don’t anticipate that being a big issue. Just trying to avoid breaking out the soldering iron.

Can anybody answer if the right PCB is going to be a plug and play replacement?
Yep, for the PCB other than demounting and mounting again it's plug and play. You might have to update the firmware, easily checked in the software, and probably calibrate the thing since it's literally a brand new joystick.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...

You need to remove the nuts that hold the toggle switches in place from the top side.

To do that you need to unscrew and carefully peel off the light plate first. Then you'll need needle nosed pliers or like a pair of tweezers to get in and unscrew the nuts.

You may also need to unscrew and remove the plastic bracket that held the main PCB before you can slide the side PCB out.

Edited by DeadMeat

She’s up and running, good as new! Took about two hours. The solder joints work perfectly, and no one can see them. but they could’ve looked better.

I am beyond thankful for the heads up on removal of the right PCB, DeadMeat!