DCS Normandy 1944 : Add Winter texture to the Wishlist - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
muehlema

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
Yes! I would dearly love to see:
2. Completing the "placeable" airfield asset in the mission editor so mission makers can add correct period airfields for specified dates.
1+
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E ROG STRIX | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
muehlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #12
Yoda967

Quote:
1. The ALGs changed to a "removable" feature, and
2. Completing the "placeable" airfield asset in the mission editor so mission makers can add correct period airfields for specified dates.

+1

I also agree with the OP.
Yoda967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:06 AM   #13
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:
1. The ALGs changed to a "removable" feature, and

+1 to both.

And by "placeable" airfield, this also means you can spawn there (i.e. cold start). I know there is a "grass field" object in the mission-editor, but you cannot start there... only land and then leave again (as per the recent Yak-52 example).
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #14
DefaultFace

There is a mod that allows spawning anywhere on the map. Works in MP and only the mission maker needs to have it installed. Problem is you can’t refuel/rearm/repair and you get a loss every time you switch planes which is an issue if you care about your scoreboard / K/D. Also dcs doesn’t have proper ground physics for grass fields so many people struggled to take off when we used it on the fighting legends server (although this is easier with the recent patches).

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #15
352ndDeacon

What is the mod that allows you to spawn anywhere? Do you have a link?
352ndDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #16
DefaultFace

Not sure where it came from originally (got it from a Squadmate over the TS file browser) but I'm pretty sure its the same one as linked in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218086&page=2

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote