Making AI Bomb Target

Bunny Clark

I'm being frustrated by the AI again.

I'm trying to have a flight of AI Hornets blow up an early warning radar.

I've tried the Bombing task, Attack Map Object task, Attack Unit task, and Attack Group task with a combination of Mk.84s, JDAMs, and HARMs. Every option I've tried causes the units to fly to the waypoint with the attack task, then turn around and fly home without firing a shot.

They also spend their whole time flying to that waypoint at 800ft in full burner, when they're set to fly at 10,000ft and 350knts.

It's an unimportant bit of a mission that's just supposed to add a bit of environment, but I'm pulling out what little hair I have out trying to get these guys to actually blow something up.

Sounds like this is causes by the setting Reaction to Threat - Allow Abort Mission (which is the default behaviour). I always change this to Evade Fire for every group. This way they will go defensive if fired upon but otherwise do what they are being told. In my opinion that is the most reasonable setting.

Hi Mbot,

Sounds like this is causes by the setting Reaction to Threat - Allow Abort Mission (which is the default behaviour). I always change this to Evade Fire for every group. This way they will go defensive if fired upon but otherwise do what they are being told. In my opinion that is the most reasonable setting.

Will try that thanks.

Did you try them to sucessfully strike different Map Object with this option ?

Unless I made something wrong they just hit the dust but do not target objects around as they are supposed to do according to the documentattion.

Letting a single group attack multiple map objects simultaneously is not possible in default DCS, but it can be solved with custom scripting.

Isn't it what this mean (from the doc) ?

"GROUP ATTACK. When checked, the entire flight group will participate in the attack of the target. By default, each aircraft in a flight group is assigned one target."

No, default behaviours is: leader will attack until out of ammo or target is destroyed, then wingman 1 will attack until out of ammo or target is destroyed, then wingman 2 will attack etc. The documentations seems wrong.

Group attack means that everyone attacks the same target simultaneously.

Letting a single group attack multiple map objects simultaneously is not possible in default DCS, but it can be solved with custom scripting.

Any details about it ?

I do not see any DCS scripting function that would allow a specific target to a specific wigman...

So should be sort of workaround I guess

Thanks

Edited by CougarFFW04

I'll give this a try tonight. There's no threat to the aircraft in the area so I didn't think to set it, but maybe they're being skittish anyway.

You should be able to push a scripted attack unit task... with the right parameters and the right loadout.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_task_attackUnit

Note: Contrary to what the wiki says, I don't think attackQty parameter is optional.

If the AI aircraft RTB instead of performing the attack, that might be due to either weapon incompatibility with the selected task or incorrect parameters.

Edited by Hardcard

I was trying to figure this out yesterday for like an hour. I wasn't able to make harriers to do any bombing task when any sams were present, but it worked with F18s with jdams and mk83s.

I was only able to get the F18s to go after the target when they were in the sam range when I enabled passive defense. But they were just suicidal at that point.

You should be able to push a scripted attack unit task... with the right parameters and the right loadout.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_task_attackUnit

Note: Contrary to what the wiki says, I don't think attackQty parameter is optional.

If the AI aircraft RTB instead of performing the attack, that might be due to either weapon incompatibility with the selected task or incorrect parameters.

Not relevant IMO.

The post deals with static object not unit.

Hi,

After some testing it seems that the "Attack map object" works if there is something in the vicinity (altough there is no way to set a search radius) of the designated place but most of the time the plane tagets "light pylon" :megalol: Too bad.

I am trying to design a specific scenery object but I am facing problem (see

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261080 )