Ground forces call for air support

Wrench

Hey all, does anybody have a working framework to make ground forces do something when they come in contact with the enemy? (preferably non-MOOSE)

What I'd like to do is have ground forces call for CAS automatically, just by sending a radio message.

The message I can handle, but the only way I can think to do it is to iterate through all units in the mission (or probably group leaders) and check getDetectedTargets every few seconds, and then something like

local targets = con:getDetectedTargets()
if targets[1] then
	callForCas(con)
end

Note that this is all placeholder names so you can see where my head is at.

The trouble with that is it's horribly inefficient, so maybe someone has a better idea?

Also what I'd like to note is that I want the result of all this to be a message like "<PLAYER> This is <JTAC NAME>, request immediate air support." Prompting the player to use the DCS JTAC workflow, rather than having it all scripted like slmod and MOOSE do it.

PS:

Man, what I wouldn't give for an event "new target detected."

Hey all, does anybody have a working framework to make ground forces do something when they come in contact with the enemy? (preferably non-MOOSE)

What I'd like to do is have ground forces call for CAS automatically, just by sending a radio message.

The message I can handle, but the only way I can think to do it is to iterate through all units in the mission (or probably group leaders) and check getDetectedTargets every few seconds, and then something like

local targets = con:getDetectedTargets()
if targets[1] then
	callForCas(con)
end

Note that this is all placeholder names so you can see where my head is at.

The trouble with that is it's horribly inefficient, so maybe someone has a better idea?

Also what I'd like to note is that I want the result of all this to be a message like "<PLAYER> This is <JTAC NAME>, request immediate air support." Prompting the player to use the DCS JTAC workflow, rather than having it all scripted like slmod and MOOSE do it.

PS:

Man, what I wouldn't give for an event "new target detected."

You could have a moving zone for a unit. Then when a stipulated unit (and you could have lots of clones of this) enters said moving unit, push a message to your flight and create an .ogg audio file to transmit over a radio freq (or just play sound over everything so as not to get cut out by DCS radio transmissions). That's kind of how i do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]