Pilot injuries?

mytai01

Do pilots suffer injuries where they fade out of consciousness over a short period of time? It isn't GLOC, or hypoxia, but probably from blood loss...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Yeah the damage model in dcs is currently very primitive for modern jets. The ww2 birds might be better.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I was flying the F-18 and got hit by a missile. Everything was OK and I started heading back home, but after a minute or so I started losing consciousness. I was flying straight and level below 10k feet and even popped the canopy to let the fresh air in, but I still faded away and never came back...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I was flying the F-18 and got hit by a missile. Everything was OK and I started heading back home, but after a minute or so I started losing consciousness. I was flying straight and level below 10k feet and even popped the canopy to let the fresh air in, but I still faded away and never came back...

Your O2 flow valve (not OBOGS) got shot. The pilot in the F-18 can't remove his mask to breathe outside air, so if O2 flow to the mask is cut, you'll slowly black out no matter what.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'd also assume it's a hit in the oxygen system. That got fixed a while ago in that the pilot supposed doesn't suffocate anymore when you switch off the OBOGS while parked. I'm not sure about what happens when it fails in-flight but in conditions not requiring oxygen.

• 2 weeks later...