HMCS boresight "egg" displacement when looking up

Croncat

Well Spotted! I guess all radar movement in Dogfight mode should be stabilized to the aircraft and not the horizon like in normal AA mode. Can you record a Track and add it to your post as well as the video?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

Hi according to the information we have this is correct.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

as far as I can tell the displacment happens, so the pilot doesn't have to move his head so far.

But why would the fact that a displacements happens depend on the absolute position I am looking (up in the sky), while the direction of the displacement is relative to the aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“The guy you don't see will kill you.”

- Robin Olds

Right, the displacement is happening to exaggerate the upward movement of the bore cross. It would make sense that it would always happen in the up direction of head movement, and should have nothing to do with the horizon.

I’d argue it would be even more important this worked while moving your head up and banked to a high degree like in a turning fight.

Edited by antsh

Yeah it absolutely should be calculated in reference with with aircraft and NOT the world.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

Hi all

As mentioned based on information we have for our Blk of viper this is correct. I will show the videos to the team however in the morning.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

I am reporting the Egg reference to aircraft and not ground.

thank you

• ED Team

I see your point, but there is some small note. One video is from HAF and the other is from Portuguese AF. Why is it assumed that their equipment work the same way as what we modelled?

I understand the confusion and will pay additional attention to this question.

Thanks everyone for reporting!

Edited by cofcorpse

• ED Team

Hi all,

The information that we have is the way it is modelled in game for the blk 50 is correct.

If you have information it should be another way please PM me

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

I see your point, but there is some small note. One video is from HAF and the other is from Portuguese AF. Why is it assumed that their equipment work the same way as what we modelled?

I understand the confusion and will pay additional attention to this question.

Thanks everyone for reporting!

Then again. Why assume that the JHMCS works in a different way for US than foreign F-16's.

I normally don't argue in these matters, but I find the current implementation very weird indeed.

Can you please try to explain why the dynamic crosshair should work the way it currently does and how it helps the pilot aim during maneuvering? :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• ED Team

Thank you to all for the information the team is going to adjust this behaviour

• BIGNEWY changed the title to HMCS boresight "egg" displacement when looking up
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic