Wooden watchtower.

Padonis

Huh? I have no proplems killing it with guns only, even as small a calibre as 7.62mm (Huey). :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, maybe we're talking about different watchtowers. I didn't notice that this thread is located in the WW2 Asset Pack subforum and assumed you're referring to the good old original DCS wooden watchtower. Is there a different one in the WW2 assets pack?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't know if it comes from the package, but it behaves very strangely when attacking. It is extremely resistant to fire, as if it was not made of wood. More precisely, it protects the guards sitting very well on it. To stop shooting, you must destroy the tower 100%. Do I think I need to completely destroy to kill a sharp shooter? Nonsense.

I don't know if it comes from the package, but it behaves very strangely when attacking. It is extremely resistant to fire, as if it was not made of wood. More precisely, it protects the guards sitting very well on it. To stop shooting, you must destroy the tower 100%. Do I think I need to completely destroy to kill a sharp shooter? Nonsense.

Oh, alright, that's your issue. Unfortunately DCS doesn't support dammage modelling for sub systems of objects and vehicles. The tower can only take dammage as a whole including the soldier in it. There is no difference between the soldier and the structure, it's one unit and has a single health bar.

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's why the tower is too strong. Radar destruction is modeled on Osa (SA-8 Gecko) rocket launchers, the vehicle is not completely destroyed, but no longer shoots rockets. So you can probably do something about the tower?

If a vehicle/object recieves dammage its capabilities get reduced. For example, if it has 50% dammage, it drives 50% slower, has 50% reduced accuracy, has 50% reduced reaction times and 50% reduced rate of fire. This applies to all ground units (including the Osa) and should also apply to the watchtowers AFAIK.

Tornado3 small.jpg