Cockpit Graphics

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Anyone find the JF-17 cockpit graphics subpar with the other DCS modules like the F18? I mean it looks like they modeled a brand new aircraft. Maybe that's ok but does look a little cartoonish. That said, I am looking forward to see how this module pans out.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Anyone find the JF-17 cockpit graphics subpar with the other DCS modules like the F18? I mean it looks like they modeled a brand new aircraft. Maybe that's ok but does look a little cartoonish. That said, I am looking forward to see how this module pans out.

The person who is in charge of graphics recently got out of the hospital after around 2 months. Do not worry, it's being worked on.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

The person who is in charge of graphics recently got out of the hospital after around 2 months. Do not worry, it's being worked on.

Yes I'm sure, great to hear that :thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

The Cockpit and Model Textures are still placeholders. Their Texture artist was in hospital for a couple months, so they more or less finished the plane and weapons, while the texture art is still a basic mock up... actually I couldn't care less about the textures in Early Access. They can do the artwork next year, if the want. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The first one is the first video on LS-6 and C-701T, the second one is the next academic video. I know the lighting isn’t the same, but even now on the third video the HUD frame has texturing it didn’t have before

9047816E-ED19-4F7B-B7D4-7E2A94F179C0.thumb.jpeg.cc1ee46c7cfa605126148b46509895d7.jpeg

2120A166-4608-46FB-993A-E09A3AC705C8.thumb.jpeg.efb0b9b04b5478ac97e09a5ced334595.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I disagree. JF-17 cockpit looks awesome and new. Unlike the F-16 cockpit texture, which looks so dirty. I feel uneasied sitting in there. Because I can't help but to imagine that I am in a second hand plane and what kind of guy used to be the owner of the plane. Feel like the previous owner never clean up and never showered for his entire life. I might be catch various infectious diseases just by sitting the that cockpit.

I disagree. JF-17 cockpit looks awesome and new. Unlike the F-16 cockpit texture, which looks so dirty. I feel uneasied sitting in there. Because I can't help but to imagine that I am in a second hand plane and what kind of guy used to be the owner of the plane. Feel like the previous owner never clean up and never showered for his entire life. I might be catch various infectious diseases just by sitting the that cockpit.

As Deka Ironworks said themselves in their first academic video, the current textures are placeholders. The texture artist is back to work and is working on them...

AKA "This does NOT represent the final product" :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You really don't want to know what goes on in those cockpits on long flights...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That's the reality of any professional flying of any capacity, be it fighters, airliners, or cropdusting. Consider yourself very fortunate if you're the first to get behind the stick of a particular aircraft.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!