• J-5A
    • J-6III
    • J-7G
    • J-8E
    • J-8F
    • Q-5III
    • Q-5D
    • H-5

How about ROSE Mirage III/V that is operated by Pakistan Airforce. ROSE means (Retrofit Of Strike Element). In late 90's PAF brought old retiring Mirages from several nations overhauled their airframes retrofitted and upgraded them with modern avionics today there are over 150+ of these in PAF. It can do BVR, Strike missions Day/Night, AAR, can carry ALCM even. Imho this will be a great addition to DCS.

Rather than a new aircraft, I'd love to see Deka attempting a new MAP, like Razbam is doing with the Falklands .. an area like this:

t039Lyc.jpg

This would allow us to use existing DCS Blue & Red aircrafts on a plausible scenario .. I bet many users would purchase such a Map, as most are getting tired of the Deserts :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rather than a new aircraft, I'd love to see Deka attempting a new MAP, like Razbam is doing with the Falklands .. an area like this:

This would allow us to use existing DCS Blue & Red aircrafts on a plausible scenario .. I bet many users would purchase such a Map, as most are getting tired of the Deserts :)

Theres no doubting that area would be very nice for a map :)

Could involve the usa as well pretty easily

What we're in dire need of is eastern air superiority platforms, something that can match the F-14/15/16/18 of the west. I don't think something like a Q-5 would be a very wise choice, but rather something that can combat western fighter aircraft with even odds. The most obvious choices would be something like the JH-7, J-10 or J-11. Outside China there is of course the Su-27 and MiG-29. Considering that we'll be getting a new Kuznetsov carrier in due time a J-15, Su-33 or MiG-29K would be a very welcome addition.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Is that a Nokia??!?? In addition to a display, is it supposed to be an indestructible black box?!

Garmin GPS navigation baby...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

According to the advertisment, J-8II has an X-band doppler radar. That's interesting. I didn't know that. Does that mean, it has a better radar compare to the earlier variant of MiG-29A and Su-27S?

Edited by J-20

YouTube embed doesn’t work. I have trouble with it also. It can carry SD-10. It does seem to be had to find info, KLJ-1 for II B? I also see KLJ-4 for later models C. Tried searching both radars and found some vague numbers probsbly not worth sharing. I also see some places saying the M model from 2006 has type 1471/KLJ-1. This is Wikipedia and it’s not even cited so I don’t trust it and but it says

“Type 1471 radar has 75 km maximum range for targets with 3 square meters RCS, in comparison to Zhuk-8II's 70 km maximum range against target of 5 square meters RCS.

Additional ability to handle sea-borne targets that Zhuk-8II does not have. For sea targets with 50 square metres RCS, the max range is greater than 100/80 km for sea state 1/2.

Simultaneously tracking 10 targets and display 8 most threatening ones out of the 10 on displays, engaging 2 out the 8.

Air-to-Air modes: VS (Velocity Search), RWS (Recon./Search while Scan), TWS (Track While Scan), STT (Single Target Tracking), Air Combat Mode (ACM). AMTI, (aerial moving target indication) mode which is used to discover hovering helicopters can be added upon customer request, though this does not come as standard feature.

Air-to-Ground modes: Mapping (Real Beam Mapping RBM), Mapping Expansion/Freezing (EXP/FRZ), Doppler Beam Sharpening (DBS), Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI), Sea Single Target Tracking (SSTT), Air-to-Ground Ranging (AGR).

An improved beacon navigation (BCN) and weather (WX) capability”

I wonder if it’s from some export brochure. I tried googling it and couldn’t find any matches.

It would have an AA functionality very similar to JF-17 same exact air to air weapons. The M model from 2006 matches perfectly with JF-17. I can’t figure out what the range difference is, but it should have an advantage over JF-17 in speed(M2+), AAR seems to be an option on the M, and a greater service ceiling. However the T/W as well as G limits seem much lower then JF-17. An M model with SD-10 would be a very effective interceptor.

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

According to the advertisment, J-8II has an X-band doppler radar. That's interesting. I didn't know that. Does that mean, it has a better radar compare to the earlier variant of MiG-29A and Su-27S?

YouTube embed doesn’t work. I have trouble with it also.

YouTube embedding works - you use the video code between the tags, not the full URL i.e. "pzlIW0j2spY"

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Looks like somebody is already making J-7G model

While I like mods, they aren't really usable online much which limits their appeal to me.

Still hoping for a full-fi 3rd party Su-27/J-11/J-15 or a mig-29 of some sort.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Also Cubanace has started a million projects and hasn't completed any to a standard comparable to the A4 or MB339

Yep, I am not interested in any mods (nor non-study sim) either. But what am I trying to say was that we can used the model if Deka ever want to do a J-7G. Well, unless they want to make an even better one.