DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

Wow thanks for the update Wags. I cant wait to get to fly round here, Already got my order with the wife, to let me get a TM warthog, Just for this sim. Havent been this excited about a sim since umm lets see, BlackShark :D Just wondering, if its gonna be released worldwide at the same time, Or are we gonna have to do the russian runaround again. Not that I regret doing it for one moment with BS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spilled fluids e.g. hydraulic, JP-8, and other various fluids.

Figured that would be the answer. They seem too soft on their border though. Hopefully the final will have them looking a bit more grounded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

What exactly does bloom do? I thought it was just a blurring effect for lights. I dont see anything wrong with the pics that suggest the HDR is no good. Thanks for the great pics.

I must say Im extremely impressed with how much ED keeps their fans in the progress loop on a regular basis. Keep up the great work.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

:thumbup: Me can't waits to fly!:pilotfly:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

What a big, fat airbase! :shocking: Need a car nav-system for taxi. :D

Keep up the good work, ED!

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

awesome shots, love the thunderbirds ;F16 here we come...

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Tail code should be "WA", must be visitors.

Lakenheath "LN" for the F-15 and Pope "FT" for the A-10. ;)

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Great screens thanks! Looks like there is some SSAO post processing going on there, the softness looks nice.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Great screens thanks! Looks like there is some SSAO post processing going on there, the softness looks nice.

There is no SSAO because the planes actually look really good. What looks like SSAO is just very well done details on the textures and the lighting at work.

Looks awesome. I can't believe the complaints regarding the HDR. Keep up the great work!!! I just might be converted from Falcon but only time will tell :)

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Cool! Very detailed airport objects.

Understand it's WIP, and I hope the distant mountains are under construction too. I also agree with the blurry HDR as being an eye sore, but i'm sure it's also under construction.

Take your time and keep on being masters of the universe!

Just me, or do the '15s look like they're 'floating' over the ground? As if the shadow beneath the aircraft is not strong enough?

nit-picky? me?

never.

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Looks awesome. I can't believe the complaints regarding the HDR.

Yeah I agree; everyone is entitled to their opinion but I mean the sim is still a work in progress several beta-testers have already stated that the sim looks much better with HDR ON as opposed to being OFF. Let's critique when the cake is baked.

Edited by Krippz
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22