Can you create a waypoint using the moving map for position?

JLX

The only way I'm able to create a new waypoint is to enter the coordinates manually.

What I want to do is create a NEW waypoint and set its position by moving the cursor visually on the moving map the same way you do when you EDIT a waypoint.

Is this possible? As the functionality is already built in and working for edits, it seems odd if you weren't able to do this.

Reading the map, then writing coordinates down, then typing those same coordinates that came from the map in the first place seems... well... nuts.

I hope I just overlooked something simple. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

P.S. The Y-Axis is inverted when editing/moving the position on the moving map. Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?

tnx.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

P.S. The Y-Axis is inverted when editing/moving the position on the moving map. Is this a known bug? Any workarounds?

I've been playing with the nav system lately and noticed this, too. I couldn't find a bug detail on it.

Could we use Mark Point (MK#) and then adjust that by moving it? I'm brainstorming here away from the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The only way I'm able to create a new waypoint is to enter the coordinates manually.

What I want to do is create a NEW waypoint and set its position by moving the cursor visually on the moving map the same way you do when you EDIT a waypoint.

Is this possible? As the functionality is already built in and working for edits, it seems odd if you weren't able to do this.

I hope I just overlooked something simple. Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Closest I've come to a work around is to add a faux waypoint i.e. N 41°00'00" E 041°00'00" near Batumi, and then use the TDC to slew it where I wanted it.

IIRC you could do the same with Mark Points (so no need to enter coordinates) but I'm not certain how well they are working in the current version.

P.S. The Y-Axis is inverted when editing/moving the position on the moving map. Is this a known bug?

IIRC it is how the TDC works in RL.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

IIRC it is how the TDC works in RL.

Is this based on actual, physical experience or a post? Could you please clarify?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Is this based on actual, physical experience or a post? Could you please clarify?

I can't remember if there was a line in the AV-8B's documentation or if it was a comment from Zeus re: TDC forward=pitch down=map scrolls down and vice versa, either way, I can't find my original source to link/quote from.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I can't remember if there was a line in the AV-8B's documentation or if it was a comment from Zeus re: TDC forward=pitch down=map scrolls down and vice versa, either way, I can't find my original source to link/quote from.

However, we get TDC forward=pitch down (TPOD/DMT) = map scrolls UP.

The confusion could be due to the fact it's on a different location than my left thumb (left middle-finger). If it was oriented in a different plane on my throttle, it may make sense. I'll try it with a different location and see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The confusion could be due to the fact it's on a different location than my left thumb (left middle-finger). If it was oriented in a different plane on my throttle, it may make sense. I'll try it with a different location and see.

This is what happened. If you have the TDC mapped to where the A-10C has it, it will seem inverted. However, if you put it on the thumb (A-10C Radio switches), you’re golden.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist