New Flares in OpenBeta 1.2.12......?!?!?

FlyNate

New flares? Please tell me why!!!...:helpsmilie:

First of all, they were fine. The flare effects WERE one of the nice things about the game, along with the vapor trail vortex effects from the wingtips. The Mi-8 can now drop flares without the weapon racks, and that's wonderful, that should have been fixed long ago, but why change how they look? They were great! But now they look like crap. The color sucks, the smoke sucks, they are too big and bright, and they just plain old look like trash. In no way do they look like real countermeasure flares. The old ones were REALLY close, but now they are nothing more than awful. Would someone PLEASE tell me why this has been changed? And also, why they chose to make them so terrible looking?

If there are plans to leave it this way, then could someone please help me change mine back to the old flares? I can't stand them.

VERY disappointing ED.

:no_sad:.....

Pics?

Yeah some pics please.

In my opinion the old flares were quite good looking, but maybe too bright at daytime.

Is the flare "ballistics" changed? I mean with the old flares when dropping them at speeds like 800-1000 km/h they loose speed too slow. (they stay within the aircraft too long like they were some slick iron bombs)

Maybe it has something to do with the EDGE?

I mean they will look good in EDGE, but the new flares are incorporated now, and that`s why the borked look?

edit:

Sorry Cibit - haven`t seen your post

Edited by Roger Ramjet
as above

Excuse my English, please.

the new ones are closer:

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Naah, I like the new flares, looking better, different for every each flare. But the star-like glaring seems a bit overdone. Cameras often have problems with too high contrasts but the Mk 2 eyeball can handle high contrasts way better which is why it looks too artificial. But on the other hand the further you move away the more should the star shine over the "round" glare effect. It's like looking at a welding torch. The closer you get, the more you're blinded. The further you are away, the clearer you see the actual welding flame.

The old ones looked almost exactly like the ones Ive seen in real life. The new ones don't... simple as that. Also, with all due respect, I highly doubt this has something to do with Edge. That's everyones answer to everything these days "wait for Edge." If Edge is the reason, then put it in the Edge version, not this version :megalol:. They took something realistic and trashed it for something stupid looking and ridiculous :dunno:. Please fix, extremely disappointed in this ED.

Awful :no_sad:

I haven't said anything about EDGE. I'm just looking at the screenshots, and old ones looks like bad particles from an old, dated game. New ones are much better. Note - I'm talking about the smoke only. The flare itself may be a bit overdone though. I like it anyway. ;)

Old one looked like a crap 2d sprite. New ones much better can't wait for more of the new fx changes that 2.0 will bring. Like always don't like it mod it or ask a modder to change it. Could always just copy the old one and paste it back in lol

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I haven't said anything about EDGE. I'm just looking at the screenshots, and old ones looks like bad particles from an old, dated game. New ones are much better. Note - I'm talking about the smoke only. The flare itself may be a bit overdone though. I like it anyway. ;)

Look more closely the new "smoke". The smoke trail is too short and it lacks that curly shape caused by turbulence.

Now it looks like the candle flares...

Maybe the textrure is better than the old one's but the shape ain't no good.

Oh boy i wait what kind of new chemtr.. i mean contrail effect we see when EDGE comes. Hope its better done than this

Edited by kripzoo

the Mk 2 eyeball

What is the "Mk. 2 Eyeball?" An eye with LASIK surgery?

Old flares were much better and more true to their real-life counterparts. Why mess with them at all? And why would it have anything to do with EDGE? We're not in EDGE so why would they drag this new flare out and put it in the old graphics engine? Doesn't make any sense.