Logitech Force 3D Pro

OK, BS has me jonesin to get back into a cockpit after a long time. I was psyched to see the english download and bought it. I got home and set it up and used my cheasy Saitek Aviator Joystick, it just didnt cut it, I then went to find the X52 Pro, (what the hell its Xmas and I'm feelin the love) So of course the sku says ones in stock, they cant find it and theres a snow storm coming and its Christmas caous in the store; I figure I'll at least pickup the FF stick and give it a whirl and return it when the X52 pro is in stock. For some reason the cyclic isnt reconised and throttle isnt either, yeah the keyboard works but its still a dumb stick, I dig into the DCS profiler and I feel like a deer in the headlights, man, theres a lot stuff to figure out. Does anyone have a profile for this logi? The forces only seem to work after first entering the sim, no trigger fun, just centering etc. IS there a bigger issue here or am I just clueless and likely hopeless.

thanks guys, cya in a couple years once I get a handle on this delicously complex sim...

Heavy Zephyr,

I'm in the same jam until after Christmas when I plan to switch to CH (my X-45 just died). I'm using the Logitech Force 3D Pro, but not the Logitech gaming software, which I turn off. Black Shark should automatically recognize your stick and you can assign buttons in the BS panel. This works better for me as I learn the sim.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Logitech doesnt work properly

Well, the Logitech Force 3D pro just doesnt seem to work properly. When Flying in game mode vs. Sim mode the throttle sliders are mapped differently, I cant seem to change them either. When I fly in the sim mode the helipcopter isnt flyable. I thought this was a noob thing and likely a trimmer issue but I dont think so. When I went back to the Saitek Aviater and to the full sim the heli was way more balanced and the throttle/cyclic all mapped to the stick. Another issue I had with the Logitech Force 3D was the lack of FF in the sim. While in sim mode there was nothing but a return an automatic return to center; no trim response. When I went to game mode the trim way over compensated and rendered the heli unflyable. I was hoping to get some minimal efect of FF when launching misiles or gun fire etc, nadda, nothing. Lastly it seems the Saitek is definately a better control device thus far, I think I will return and put the money towards a Saitek X52 Pro.

If anyone can tell me of their experience with the Logi I 'd like to know, it seems a shame the FF cant work and the controller so hypersensitive when in sim mode. BTW, I did try to change the sensitivity of the X, Y, but I couldnt mange to get the BS controller profiler to open up Axis sensitivity. Wow, so far a huge learning curve and other then some casual flight time in game mode and "instant action" I cant for the life of me get the ordinance and targeting procedures to work. I have flown the training missions, and specifically the weapon deployement one at least a dozen times, either I'm mentally challenged or something isnt working properly. I'll start another thread specific to this, if someone has any other resources specific to training other then the manual and the training ops I'd love to know.

thanks for reading....

Edited by HeavyZephyr