Controls Hotfix applied?

jonsky7

Controls werent in the correct folder in Saved Games/Open Beta/Config/Input/module name/?

I wonder, could the problem be the Devs are forgetting that a single control binding lua file can , and by default will, contain the bindings for ALL the modules installed? If they are assuming each lua file has only ONE module's bindings in it their data conversion/migration may be faulty. Pure unwarranted speculation, but you never know.

• ED Team

Yeah, it looks like people that mad changes might still experience issues, and have to fix from there, the ultimate goal though was to make sure this didnt happen again when it moves to stable release. I want to make sure you arent seeing previous files in Saved Games being deleted by the update, that isnt suppose to happen that I know of.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

If you never saw an issue and you didnt have to change anything, you should be ok. Its only removing the base profiles they added with the previous update, but these were not in Saved Games. I had a similar experience where I wasnt affected by this.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

hey first you all screw up everyone binding with your patch Wednesday so we had to spend part of the day rebind all the aircraft that are made by ED. Then today you release a patch to fix what you messed up with Wednesdays patch and completely screw up everyone keybinding again from when we had to rebind everything from Wednesday. Way to go ED. SO INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO FLY THIS EVENING IM GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND IT REBINDING EVERY SINGLE AIRCRAFT AGAIN THAT ISNT A 3RD PARTY AIRCRAFT. SO THANKS FOR A USELESS PATCH

Edited by Solidsnakekillsu

Now here is a Bizarre thing. Many of my modules bindings were broken again after the hotfix. So Starting with the F18 I started to manually reset them all. I saved the profile several times whilst I did this, each time I got the usual message saying 'xxxx.lua file already exists, do you want to replace it. I answered YES of course. BUT the last time I did some updates (removed the last of the duplicate/invalid entries from the Hotfix for the Hornet) and pressed SAVE PROFILE it gave a message I've never seen before that said 'Profile FA18-C has been updated, Save changes Yes or No'. I pressed YES. And instantly ALL my old profiles for all my modules were restored to their correct status, so I didn't have to re-update any of the others, even though after the hotfix they were corrupted. I can't explain that at all, but its saved me hours of re-binding work ! HOORAY I'M FLYING AGAIN !

Edited by Silversmith
Correct Typos

Maybe a good time for some to look into windows's shadow copy system or a third party alternative that gives you easy access to all your stuff on c after the fact. I use Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 (free edition) with a 3 day incremental backup plan. Rounds about to 80-100gb a month depending on how much is being changed on my c drive. Would be way smaller if had not installed a huge game on it as well. So the most i might loose is a little less than 3 days of work and changes. Simply mount the most recent or any of the increment containers (i keep about 4-5 months worth of backups on my data hdd) with a drive letter and i can copy back any file. Btw, depending on your settings in windows, the OS might even store previous versions of files on c, even if you have the shadow copy system disabled. Simply right click on any file, properties, and the right hand tab reads 'previous versions'.

And now for a new can of worms...

If this one has been discussed previously I have not been able to find it anywhere. If it has, someone please point me there. And please, apologies if this is not the right place for it. I couldn't find one more appropriate.

The big killer patch did not hose my profiles because I use an externally managed HOTAS (an ancient CH setup with stick, throttle and pedals). So I'm not experiencing the problems most folks seem to be. However...

The big patch made the A-10C engine autostart sequencer inoperative. The big fix to the big patch...did nothing at all to fix it. It still doesn't work.

And don't get on my case about using the full manual engine start sequence. I'm a real-life pilot (flight instructor, actually) and if there was a single button I could push to make the airplane all ready to fly, I'd damned well be pressing it, not running through the whole engine start checklist every stinkin' time. I'm there to fly the airplane, not revel in the switchology. I thought I paid for an autostart sequencer in the A-10C. Right now I don't have one.

My buddy and I own several of the new releases, But we wanted to get into the A-10C before moving on to the new ones after running the A model for many months. Now, for no good reason, we're stuck. Does the autostart even work in the other DCS World airplanes or is it hosed there too?

We were fired up for the F-14. I mean, really cranked. Front seat, back seat, very cool. But DCS is not getting another nickle out of either of us until -- or will it turn out to be unless? -- they fix what they broke.

hey first you all screw up everyone binding with your patch Wednesday so we had to spend part of the day rebind all the aircraft that are made by ED. Then today you release a patch to fix what you messed up with Wednesdays patch and completely screw up everyone keybinding again from when we had to rebind everything from Wednesday. Way to go ED. SO INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO FLY THIS EVENING IM GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND IT REBINDING EVERY SINGLE AIRCRAFT AGAIN THAT ISNT A 3RD PARTY AIRCRAFT. SO THANKS FOR A USELESS PATCH

Same Problem here and I have to add this one: The thrust axe is unable to assign in EVERY module. For me, this was a USELESS PATCH... so frustrating.

This keybind thing issue has been an earthquake for community lol

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I get greyed out controls for the yak-52 even after removing my custom profile and the ones in input folders. How to fix please?

Edit: Did a repair, all seems fine except, Kneeboard only available to assign on keyboard for the Yak? a bug?

Edited by Hoffster

I've been on holiday for a while, and am confused by what is happening here.

Before i went on holiday, I had the controller issue that's been discussed due to the diff.lua files in the appropriate subfolders of 'Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\....'.

I rebound various modules. Then, I read about a hotfix that was going to delete the offending diff.lua files, and that everything was going to be OK with the 'Saved Games' diff.lua files.

So, I get back today, updated DCS, tried out the Spitfire, and couldn't do anything. Throttle, rudder, etc. all rebound - again! The ED diff.lua files still seem to be in my install.

Can someone simply tell me what is going on here, and what I need to do to get my old bindings back?

Thanks a lot.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Does anyone have a problem with A10C controls ? After patch I cant start both engines with my throttle but stock mappings, and autostart aren't working as well.

Before the latest update it was necessary to put the two throttle levers into the OFF position, and then move them to ON when the autostart messages indicated Left/Right Engine Start. In OB that's no longer necessary as I just found out. So for me it's working perfectly now.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Before the latest update it was necessary to put the two throttle levers into the OFF position, and then move them to ON when the autostart messages indicated Left/Right Engine Start. In OB that's no longer necessary as I just found out. So for me it's working perfectly now.

I have tried that too - no effect.

[sIGPIC]Luftgangsta[/sIGPIC]