A Proposal for Community Relations between ED & The Community - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #41
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire View Post
Agreed. Hmm, maybe my last post came across as something of a prophecy of doom. To clarify, I've been a member of various ED-related fora since about 1997 and have always been impressed about how they've always managed to be something of a haven of polite tranquility compared to how many other game forums have developed. I am and always have been proud to be a member of this community for this and many other reasons

I've no doubt that ED would be entirely sensible about approaching people, but a sensible degree of caution should also be exercised.
Of course, not everyone plays DCS for the same reasons, or the same content in DCS, to focus on one aspect would be a mistake, as much of a mistake as ignoring any aspect of DCS. People sometimes feel ignored, its tough, but hard to get around that, ED is thinking of all aspects of the game at all times, the news just doesnt hit as soon as everyone likes.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:47 AM   #42
lazduc

AspenGrey,

You wrote," As a public relations professional (Not marketing- not my area!), this situation piqued my interest as an excellent case scenario for training, and I decided to write up my own opinion on how something like this could, potentially, be handled."

You are a new member, you post a proposal not to actually find/present a solution to a problem but to elicit information for your own personal satisfaction, mainly justifying your opinions.

You've successfully wasted everyone's time except your own. This forum has numerous avenues to present your communications/questions/complaints/advice etc.

Your concerns have been addressed ad nauseum.

Next time come with a solution for the MP servers. It would have been more appropriate in this forum had you a degree in computer science/networking/ aeronautical engineering/ instead of Public Affairs-Public Relations as touted in your original post. Although fitting in this context, it hardly brings anything worthwhile, except a few humorous posts.

We, I, do not come here to ascertain how better too "handle" situations in addressing opinions to the Developers/Administers in a more aprepo mannerism. All of your suggestions have been beaten to death already.

Yes, I am a grouchy old man. And take this post as a grain of sand, as I have taken yours.

Laz
lazduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:55 AM   #43
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazduc View Post

I am a grouchy old man.
As a member of the grouchy old man club, I can safely say there are a few of us here
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:58 AM   #44
mvsgas
Veteran

lol
Are we making a club? I want in.

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #45
zhukov032186

I'm not old, but I'm still grouchy. Do I qualify?
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #46
HoBo777

Can Oscar be the club's mascot please?

HoBo777 is offline   Reply With Quote