Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the TECS? I need a timescale so I can plan diversion/appeasement strategies for my wife.

:lol: I'm in the same boat, brother! My fiancee told me I can get my Slaw RX Viper pedals (which have been ordered for months) plus one other flight related thing before our wedding and honeymoon, which is in late May through early June, and the rest would need to come after.

So...I need to know if the VKB HOTAS should be my "one other thing" (I am going to make an attempt at exploiting a loophole, hopefully, and ordering both the stick and throttle as a bundle and count it as only one thing), or if I should just order my JetSeat SE instead and plan to pick this up once we get home from the honeymoon :music_whistling:

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

She thinks my Jetseat SE is a 'cushion' :)

Nice one:megalol: Sold it to my wife as a massage pad/seat which is neccessary during longer flight sessions because of my herniated disk issues - of course i don't think she believed one bit of the story, but at least she accepted this absolutely neccessary investment in my health :music_whistling:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

She thinks my Jetseat SE is a 'cushion' :)

Brilliant!

Nice one:megalol: Sold it to my wife as a massage pad/seat which is neccessary during longer flight sessions because of my herniated disk issues - of course i don't think she believed one bit of the story, but at least she accepted this absolutely neccessary investment in my health :music_whistling:

I sold my $1100 Steelcase Leap V2 chair to her as a health investment as well. Told her it was to ensure healthy posture and no back issues later in life. Great minds think alike, it seems :thumbup:

She seemed to buy it, but who really knows?! The important thing is that she didn't bitch about me purchasing it.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

looks cool

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is there a semi-guesstimate-completely-not-promised release date for this, yet? I'm assuming it's going to be within 2018 at least.

This project is our top priority for this year. This is not to give any promises, but we will focus our effort on making it happen this year.

A lot of work, a complex project, but it is already entering production stage.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Question for Aero (or any other VKB rep), what was the thought process behind not having one of the ministicks be like the one used on the left side of the MCG (the same one used on Playstations)? I'm assuming that one of these two will be used as the TDC slew -- index finger for NATO / thumb for RedFor -- by 99% of pilots, so would it make more sense for one of them to take that button shape? Preferably you would have these buttons be swapable so that you would be able to satisfy both the blue and red pilots where they could place it wherever they preferred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

This is AN AMAZING looking product guys!! Glad to see that all the switches needed for the f-18 are there on the throttle!!

This will be completing my set up with my MCG with extenion that just got mailed in today :D

One of the feedback I would like to give is it would be nice to have more switches rather than the buttons. :)

Also, How much throttle travel will there be once your pasted the idle gate?? and the l3 postions switch on the top right corner, is it really a 3 position switch or is it a ''mode'' switch where you can assign 3 different command to waht looks to might be those 4 switches( which I'm thinking could be assign to f1 to f12 :D)

cheers

Billy

This is AN AMAZING looking product guys!! Glad to see that all the switches needed for the f-18 are there on the throttle!!

This will be completing my set up with my MCG with extenion that just got mailed in today :D

One of the feedback I would like to give is it would be nice to have more switches rather than the buttons. :)

Also, How much throttle travel will there be once your pasted the idle gate?? and the l3 postions switch on the top right corner, is it really a 3 position switch or is it a ''mode'' switch where you can assign 3 different command to waht looks to might be those 4 switches( which I'm thinking could be assign to f1 to f12 :D)

cheers

Billy

On the contrary, I would suggest more buttons than switches. Many games are incapable of recognizing two position switches without a multitude of scripting and custom software. The switches are my biggest gripe right now with the Warthog Throttle.

On the contrary, I would suggest more buttons than switches. Many games are incapable of recognizing two position switches without a multitude of scripting and custom software. The switches are my biggest gripe right now with the Warthog Throttle.

Well depends on which''game'' your playing if we apply this throttle to DCS, which we currently are in a DCS forum, switches would be way more applied to any aircraft this simulator as to offer.

Well depends on which''game'' your playing if we apply this throttle to DCS, which we currently are in a DCS forum, switches would be way more applied to any aircraft this simulator as to offer.

Without editing config files, two way switches are by default only recognized as one button. I personally don't like adding lines to config files to get my buttons working. I also assume that most people who play DCS also play other sims, like IL2 or Elite/Star Citizen.

VKB-SIM SETS "Vintage"

Single Engine Throttle System

VECS.jpg

This thing is the most beautiful piece of flight sim gear I have ever seen. Please make this!!

A high-end piece of gear like this is easily worth $400-500.

The only thing I would do is make a bigger more realistic trim wheel with a rotary encoder so it moves very slowly.

I9-9900K@ 5.2 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB G Skill TridentZ@4133Mhz, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390, NVidia Titan Xp w/Arctic Air Cooler, 3 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 970 Pro, 34" Acer Predator 4K, GVL 224 109 "Skud" Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, CH Throttle Quad, SB AE-9 + Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, Saitek PZ255 Flight panel, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

This thing is the most beautiful piece of flight sim gear I have ever seen. Please make this!!

A high-end piece of gear like this is easily worth $400-500

BTW, this (or similar) system would be really good for civilian sims, for big airliners with plenty of levers to use.

Edited by Lehmen

Without editing config files, two way switches are by default only recognized as one button. I personally don't like adding lines to config files to get my buttons working. I also assume that most people who play DCS also play other sims, like IL2 or Elite/Star Citizen.

I believe that has more to do with how the switch is designed than how the game interprets it (which is dependent on how it is designed).

I have a half dozen flight panels in here made by Saitek, Thrustmaster, DSD, and VRInsight. Each one is a little different. In the case of the VRI panels, one of them has several different types of switches just on it.

Some of them, a given switch is only good for one command. For others, that's not the case, and some of them are multi-position. Hardware issue, not the game. I.E. the Warthog throttle functions like that, doesn't really have any bearing on anything else.

And yeah, most the people who play DCS here probably play other games, a few even play Minecraft, I would think. It doesn't really matter.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2