[REPORTED - FIXED FOR NEXT PATCH]L39C Cockpit bug

303_Kermit

• ED Team
Yes but the bug has been reported before the last upgrade of the release version and nevertheless It has passed on the release branch, and now release users have to wait 2 months to see it fixed. How can you continue to suggest release version for people searching the most as bug free as possible experience if bugs slipping on release stay there for months and get fixed in open beta just the day after release upgrade? Why should such kind of user (as myself) continue to choose the release version and not pass on open beta? Is the release really a release or just a legacy version, there in case of major bugs on the open beta? I do not want to be polemic, just to know in order to better choose the most suitable dcs version for my needs. Thanks.

We do not patch individual modules, when we update it is everything dcs core and modules.

Open beta is where we test in public, but stable version does not mean no bugs, it just means less likely to crash.

The fix will be in the next open beta, a work around for now is to not use the English cockpit version.

Its not ideal, but it is all we can do.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We do not patch individual modules, when we update it is everything dcs core and modules.

Open beta is where we test in public, but stable version does not mean no bugs, it just means less likely to crash.

The fix will be in the next open beta, a work around for now is to not use the English cockpit version.

Its not ideal, but it is all we can do.

thanks

Sorry BIGNEWY,

any news about this issue? I've opened it several time ago but I've received no feedback from devs.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

replied in thread

thanks

is the manual fix still working in latest update (adding 'false' to description)? i tried it but still have camo instrument textures

EDIT: nevermind. i had to completely exit DCS and restart and now it works :)

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

is the manual fix still working in latest update (adding 'false' to description)? i tried it but still have camo instrument textures

EDIT: nevermind. i had to completely exit DCS and restart and now it works :)

It works but you need to apply it again in case you have updated the dcs client.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 4 weeks later...
Found a solution by modifying "description.lua" L-39C english line 12 and ZA english line 17 (adding "false")

Files are in .....\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Liveries, I join files modified, just copy/paste (save old)

I simply added the word "false" in line 17 as mentioned by you. Hope ED fixes this officially though.

Bless you, mate.

Does this actually fix the issue with the English cockpit or just another way to switch back to Russian cockpit besides the Special tab in DCS settings?

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Does this actually fix the issue with the English cockpit or just another way to switch back to Russian cockpit besides the Special tab in DCS settings?

It actually fix, but accordingly to topic title it shoud have been officially fixed in the last OB.

I said "should" cause I'm not 100% sure about it.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

I run stable, not OB:)

Then you have to wait a lot for the official fix ;)

In any case the manual fix should work on stable too.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

I get that, it's the life of a Stable user. I'm just asking how the manual fix works because until I opened the description.lua I wasn't following what the manual fix was doing.

It is doing something more specific than I thought, when I read it, I was thinking a more global cockpit change. Now I see that it seems to switch out just the those instruments textures. I don't know if the "false" flag is causing it to load L39-CPT-INSTR-02_ENG.dds as a replacement to the standard cockpit textures or it is the other way around and loading the standard textures instead. No matter what it is doing, it does work and I've gained some more understanding of the inner workings of DCS :D Feel free to fill me in which it is, a missed flag that should have been there or a temporary fix back to the standard Russian cockpit textures or something else.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

I don't know if the "false" flag is causing it to load L39-CPT-INSTR-02_ENG.dds as a replacement to the standard cockpit textures or it is the other way around and loading the standard textures instead.

It's the former.

... Feel free to fill me in which it is ...

FALSE = look for / use the file in the existing directory (where the description.lua is).

TRUE = Game root directory i.e. inside "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Textures\L-39C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip"

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It's the former.

FALSE = look for / use the file in the existing directory (where the description.lua is).

TRUE = Game root directory

Awesome, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...