Well done ED

Dav IRL

To all the team at ED, well done. The beta build is heading in the right direction. Improved details everywhere, like flashes on armoured vehicles to signal a hit, vapour trails, rain, explosions and not forgetting performance. The performance is getting better, allot better. I really like the fact that one can play offline now too. The new Persian Gulf map, I have been playing it all weekend in two small sections and it is really high quality. Normandy, it could do with speed trees which I believe will come in time. This is the best build yet however what I am most impressed with is the fact that there is no longer micro stutters when a vehicle or aircraft gets hit or explodes, whatever has changed in this department must remain, it's smooth now and way more immersive. If this is what is coming then the future looks really promising for the sim. I think all the small details are starting to add allot more immersion to the sim, we just need deck crews and runway crews operating at takeoff and landing and that will be another immersive step. Weather settings in the editor are good, perhaps a little too complicated to set at times without knowing what you will get until you launch the flight, would be nice to see allot more easy settings for weather like 'grey skies and rain', 'grey skies and snow' etc.. I miss the grey skies!! Anyway if the radio chatter gets a more realistic make over and weather effects are kept simple, not too demanding the sim will hit another level altogether. Keep up the great work, truly, amazing work.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I'm a fairly late comer having only been flying or six months and i have to say i have been so impressed. This is the dream terms of what i wanted from a Mil Flight Sim. Is there room for improvement and expansion? Of course, that's the nature of not only a beta build but video game development but I'm really excited to see where we will be in two years time and onwards.

Ill see you all up there :) (where you will inevitably shoot me down )

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

To all the team at ED, well done. The beta build is heading in the right direction. Improved details everywhere, like flashes on armoured vehicles to signal a hit, vapour trails, rain, explosions and not forgetting performance. The performance is getting better, allot better. I really like the fact that one can play offline now too. The new Persian Gulf map, I have been playing it all weekend in two small sections and it is really high quality. Normandy, it could do with speed trees which I believe will come in time. This is the best build yet however what I am most impressed with is the fact that there is no longer micro stutters when a vehicle or aircraft gets hit or explodes, whatever has changed in this department must remain, it's smooth now and way more immersive. If this is what is coming then the future looks really promising for the sim. I think all the small details are starting to add allot more immersion to the sim, we just need deck crews and runway crews operating at takeoff and landing and that will be another immersive step. Weather settings in the editor are good, perhaps a little too complicated to set at times without knowing what you will get until you launch the flight, would be nice to see allot more easy settings for weather like 'grey skies and rain', 'grey skies and snow' etc.. I miss the grey skies!! Anyway if the radio chatter gets a more realistic make over and weather effects are kept simple, not too demanding the sim will hit another level altogether. Keep up the great work, truly, amazing work.

Thank you, Dav,

you have epressed well what my feelings and experiences with DCS world 2.5. are.

I'm not native english speaking so I want to join your "thank you ED" speech.

And, yes, stutter, which was at the 2.5 beginning is now almost gone (still one for 0.5 sec once a day, who cares)

In short: Thank you ED, DCS world is my flying world. Nothing compares to it.

The guy's at ED deserve a Big thanks! You can now really see where they are pushing to, the sim looks amazing and getting more optimized. Is there more things to be done and fixed...? Sure, never ending in this business and it's easy to overlook what we have right NOW in this simulator and only look at what's wrong and what's still needed. DCS has come along way and I'm real excited for the Hornet this week!!

Big Thanks again to all the ED team members.:thumbup:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Although i agree with most of what you have said, and even though i have been a die hard follower of this franchise since Flanker 2.0, and i have spent thousand of hours enjoying this simulator, for me the circle won't be finally closed until we have a dynamic campaign where to exploit the amazing modules that we have now.

These modules are better than they've ever been but surprisingly for me, instead of making the sim more enjoyable, for me its been like a factor exposing even more how malnourished the DCS "World" is. Once we have something remotely similar to a DC everything will come to life again for me.

This of course needs to arrive hand to hand with improved radio communications; starting from the ATC, and including friendly AI radio callouts like hits, missiles shots, etc..., and lastly improving the stupid stupid AI (Things like making gun runs on a heavily populated ADF systems while you have stand off missiles under your wings need to stop at some point).

Although i agree with most of what you have said, and even though i have been a die hard follower of this franchise since Flanker 2.0, and i have spent thousand of hours enjoying this simulator, for me the circle won't be finally closed until we have a dynamic campaign where to exploit the amazing modules that we have now.

These modules are better than they've ever been but surprisingly for me, instead of making the sim more enjoyable, for me its been like a factor exposing even more how malnourished the DCS "World" is. Once we have something remotely similar to a DC everything will come to life again for me.

This of course needs to arrive hand to hand with improved radio communications; starting from the ATC, and including friendly AI radio callouts like hits, missiles shots, etc..., and lastly improving the stupid stupid AI (Things like making gun runs on a heavily populated ADF systems while you have stand off missiles under your wings need to stop at some point).

Excellent work. Never seen such a sudden U turn for a thread praising a developer in order to once again beat them up about an issue they have already acknowledged.

It clearly also hasn't stopped you flying "thousands of hours", so hardly a game breaker is it! We all know it is a problem, but as it has already been discussed, why not leave this thread alone?

That said, I agree with the OP. Well done ED!

That would definitely be part of the "end game" falcon_120, it just needs to be done in these stages with the limited resources, so TFC and ED can stay profitable, there still around from the early 90's for a reason. They have a little ways to go on finishing the base, optimizing and implementing Vulkan for the future and for any possibility of adding a DC with this level of simulation, graphics simulation and VR. This info might interest you about the DC.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Excellent work. Never seen such a sudden U turn for a thread praising a developer in order to once again beat them up about an issue they have already acknowledged.

It clearly also hasn't stopped you flying "thousands of hours", so hardly a game breaker is it! We all know it is a problem, but as it has already been discussed, why not leave this thread alone?

That said, I agree with the OP. Well done ED!

I alredy started saying that i'm a die hard fan of the franchise. I will keep being one, and buying their content. Where is the beat up? I'm a happy customer. Full stop.

Having said that and taking profit of the previous posts request on how they should keep evolving the simulator, i stated what for me would be "closing the circle", that neans being the perfect simulator.

So actually a praise on how far they've come and a plea on where they should aim.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Edited by falcon_120

That would definitely be part of the "end game" falcon_120, it just needs to be done in these stages with the limited resources, so TFC and ED can stay profitable, there still around from the early 90's for a reason. They have a little ways to go on finishing the base, optimizing and implementing Vulkan for the future and for any possibility of adding a DC with this level of simulation, graphics simulation and VR. This info might interest you about the DC.
Yes I know. They need to keep it profitable, and based on their inputs, wags already stated the the DC is a big goal for them post 2.5, which makes me really happy, they have this on their plans :). I just think that expressing this on their forums would let them know that there is a user base request on this so they dont give up.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk