BRD-DS ‘Raven’ Review - The Man & The Machine

Baur, are you currently in the process of designing an "updated" or "new" stick base to replace the BRD-DS?
This is an updated version. And in this review there is a joystick on which the stick is not replaced. This option is cheaper. Because there are fewer details that are made on turning and milling machines (there are none at all) :)

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is an updated version. And in this review there is a joystick on which the stick is not replaced. This option is cheaper. Because there are fewer details that are made on turning and milling machines (there are none at all) :)

Apologies, I meant a total redesign or something "new". Not just an update.

I know that previously in our emails you recommended I go with the MT-50 instead but the quality control is mediocre at best right now with what is shipping from VPC (lots of issues)...so I might feel more comfortable ordering your offering to ensure what I receive is not faulty. Just wondering what your roadmap looked like, if you were able to share anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 1 month later...

You should understand that the controller is very powerful and after the firmware you will have to reconfigure it. And it's complicated. All this you will do at your own risk. Then I can not help you.

I send the already prepared controller. Stanislav (programmer) sends me the prepared configuration files.

CD4021 - Yes (Warthog)

74HC165 - No

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

My new BRD-N cyclic base has been just sitting on shelf for months as I wait for my MCG-Pro grip to arrive. KILLING ME!!!!

While I'm waiting, I've changed out the springs to suit me. I'm thinking about modifying the rubber boot cover but don't want to touch it without a back up.

Baur, is it possible to obtain a replacement boot?

EDIT: Thanks for the Support Baur.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

I have recently uploaded the latest versions of the BRD DS to Thrustmaster, Virpil and VKB adapter. Choose version A is if you own a Cougar/ Warthog and you dont mind "recycling" the 5-PIN mini DIN connector of the base and version B if not. Version B therefore additionally needs a female 5-PIN mini DIN connector, as such:

IMG_20180203_171837.jpg

Only things left to do are: deburring the 25 mm pipe, glueing 4x M4 nuts into the recessed areas in the adapter, setting in either the female 5-PIN mini DIN or the Thrustmaster equivalent and fixing it to the pipe with 4x M4x0.7 screws (or similiar). Done. :thumbsup:

IMG_20180107_213508.jpg

I have been using a slightly different version since December last year and it works great. I use it in combination with a modified CH Combatstick, which I fitted with a DIY shift register. For connection I use a Gardena metal nut (GARDENA 8167), although the plastic one works just as well.

IMG_20180104_211447.jpg IMG_20180104_211849.jpg IMG_20180105_004705.jpg IMG_20180107_175342.jpg IMG_20180107_180526.jpg

I have uploaded two versions of the CH adapter to shapeways as there are slight differences between the Gameport and USB variant. It fits both the Combatstick and Fighterstick.

Ver A http://shpws.me/Pziy

Ver B http://shpws.me/Pzii

710x528_22122958_12385227_1517667967.jpg

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 3 weeks later...