X52 Throttle bump/detent?

I just got the Saitek X52 and its awesome however on the throttle when you push it up all the way you get a slight resistance or bump, also when you push it all the way down the same happens near the bottom end of the throttle, is this a feature ?

I've read this may be what's called a detent?.

It is a feature to 'recognise' certain engine modes. Atleast thats how they mean it, it is up to you what you do with it. When you push your throttle forward to before the resistance, it is supposed to represent full throttle, and when you push it after the resistance so to say, you go afterburner. When you put it back, before the resistance is supposed to mean minimum throttle and after the resistance would mean Idle/Reverse thrust. However, it is up to you how you use and configure this.

I hope this made things clear, if not let me know, and I will try to make a image.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

LOL! That's F'ed up, I spilled about a half of cup off coffee in my hotas the other day, too! I had to take it all apart and separate the LCD layers to wipe all the coffee out and put it back together. HAHAHHA!

:megalol:

:megalol::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

I did one on my YT channel in the hardware and software section. It' in German, but maybe it helps though. Just click on the banner in my sig.

best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm new to the x52 is there a tutorial on how to use X52 modes and profiles in dcs?

My best advice is to not use the profiling software at all.

For me it just created instability, and the HOTAS would crash and lose settings mid-flight.

Setting everything up in DCS options instead worked much better for me, and I had no problems after I did that.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

My best advice is to not use the profiling software at all.

For me it just created instability, and the HOTAS would crash and lose settings mid-flight.

Setting everything up in DCS options instead worked much better for me, and I had no problems after I did that.

I actually find the opposite. I set up almost everything via the profiling software and then I don't have to worry when DCS changes anything as long as the keyboard commands stay the same. It's not hard to figure out and I made a different profile for each aircraft and simply alt-tab and switch profile when switching aircraft.

I actually find the opposite. I set up almost everything via the profiling software and then I don't have to worry when DCS changes anything as long as the keyboard commands stay the same. It's not hard to figure out and I made a different profile for each aircraft and simply alt-tab and switch profile when switching aircraft.

I did the same, only for A-10C though. Same philosophy.

I ended up with crashes every time I flew online, so stopped using the profiling software.

I agree fully, if only the profiling software was stable, it would be a good solution to put everything there.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

As a new user of the X-52, it worked fine prior to using the profiler. When I started using the profiler I got all sorts of issues, but upgrading to Win10 (as I've been meaning to do for a while) and using Mad Catz's beta drivers fixed the problem. I'm now a very happy customer.

At first I felt pretty meh about the detents, but they've grown on me, perhaps like a fungus. But seriously, I don't mind them at all.