Game Avionics

Blizz003

Unecessarily complex procedure:

1) You do not need to turn the CDU dial. Just hit FUNC then MARK on the UFC.

2) No need to cycle markpoints with UFC Steerswitch, just use DMS up/down on your stick.

Also slave all to SPI. Then you're set. :)

It's my way. Using mavs you have them set as SOI. Easier to click UFc steer than keep changing SOI.

Less complicated avionics than an a10c? So like a Saber or mig-15?

I suspect similar avionics, coming from the shark there's a lot more stuff in an A-10. However if we get something like an F-16 the procedure for mavs or most weapons will be the same.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I'm new to the A-10C. I played the tutorials and also some weapon practices. It's truly a complex software and not a game. But I like this, eventhough I still need to learn a lot.

However, I want to try the game avionics mode (not arcade mode), primarily for testing and making screenshots (in an easy flight mode). But for this, I need external views. Problem is the extended "HUD", I mean the MFD screens in 3rd person view. I already discovered how to remove them, it's working well.

There's only one thing left, and for that I want to quote the first post of this thread:

"Now, my biggest gripe(s) with game avionics is(are) the apparent 360* HUD that shows enemies and allies with a diamond/triangle/box around them."

Does anyone know where these are stored (probably in a .lua-file) and wich command line needs to be changed?

Skipped to the end after reading first post, my question is, are you having fun in game mode? If so, play game mode. You paid for the game, not me ;)

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Skipped to the end after reading first post,...

Then you replied to a post from three years ago. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

1. Not going to lie, that massive list of commands is 10x harder than learning the actual systems. You only need to learn say, 50% if all you are doing is simple instant-action missions (which is about all you can do with game options anyways), and only 80% to play the game almost to its fullest (many of the switches aren't used 90% of the time, and the CDU is a huge cluster**** to learn, and only 30% of its functionality is vital to gameplay).

2. Have you played through every single training mission on sim mode? if you can complete the training missions (which are quite easy, they hold your hand through the whole thing), you will have a good shot at completing most of the missions you come across. It's easier than you think.

Hi, guys!

I'm having a lot of fun pushing buttons and flipping switches! I even know how to get the A-10C up and flying!!! Turn on the battery, turn on the fuel boost pumps, turn on APU, turn on the APU generator, turn on the CDU, turn on the 2 MFCD, turn on the HUD, click ENT on the upfront panel, wait for several seconds, click on RK4, click on LK1 on the CDU , wait for the HUD to finish the self-test, wait for 5 minutes for the navigation to align, click on RK5 on the left MFCD, the dots on the left side of the left MFCD disappear, when the dots reappear, click on the button underneath the CDU displayed on the right MFCD, click on EGI underneath the HSI, turn on the SAS, turn on EAC, start the left/right engine, turn off the APU generator, shutdown the APU, turn on the radios, set the radios to the proper frequency, turn on the oxygen system, close canopy, that is always to it!! Plain and simple!! I'm not using game avionics mode or anything like that!!

Cheers,

Vincent

Great to hear that you are willing to invest time and are willing to master the sim as it is supposed to be played =) For me this process has been very rewarding!

And after you know the basics, you get start playing with and tweaking procedures and approaches:

For instance, with the start-up:

If you get tired of the long wait for the navigation system to align you could speed it up by requesting ground power before initiating the start-up procedure:

- turn on the battery/inverter and radios

- set interphone and request ground power from the ground crew

- start navigation align (align lasts +/- 4 minutes from this point)

- re-arm / re-fuel and/or proceed with APU and engine start-up and the rest of the start-up procedures

- don't forget to turn off ground power otherwise the ground crew will get a bit annoyed ;)

This will save you at least a minute of having to wait =) I usually finish all the ground checks and flight preparation just before the NAV is ready

Cheers!